Polycom CX 700 no call logs or voicemail notifications RRS feed

• Question

• We get no call logs or voicemail notifications on all Polycom or Nortel Devices? Is there any special configuration to make on the OCS R2 and/or Lync?
    • Moved by Ben-Shun Zhu Wednesday, October 13, 2010 10:03 AM incorrect queue (From:Communicator Clients and Devices)
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 10:57 AM

All replies

• Integerate Exchange server with OCS 2007 R2 to provide "Conversation History, Call Logs, Missed Calls, Contact Information, Voice mail Notifications, Missed Conversation Notifications".

More information please check Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Communicator 2007 R2 Integration.

Best regards,
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 11:45 AM
  • Hi, yes I know. The Exchange Integration is works withe the OCS Client or Lync Client but not with the phones? I have configured the Exchange Integration for Voicemail. This also works well. How can I troublshoot this problem? I don't know what the telephone is doing in the background.
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 12:25 PM
  • Eniac,

Do you have autodiscover configured in your environment?  The CX700/Tanjay's will use this to contact exchange to get call logs and voicemail.

Please see this reference:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb201695.aspx

Hope this helps!

-kp

Kevin Peters blog: www.ocsguy.com MVP Communications Server, MCITP: Enterprise Administration | MCTS:OCS | MCSE | MCSA | CCNA
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 1:49 PM
  • Hi, yes Autodiscover and Exchange works perfectly without any issues. I have this issue at 3 other customers....
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 1:53 PM
  • Eniac,

Can you try turning on logging on the phone and on IIS on your Exchange servers?  Then reboot a phone, give it a few minutes to log in and make the request, then grab the logs.  On the phone Logging is under settings, once you have it turned on you can chose "Send Logs" and the logs will be placed on the Front End server.  Once you have the logs you can look for your phone's IP in the IIS log and troubleshoot like any other IIS issue.  Also, make sure you are running the latest build on the Tanjays.

Hope this helps!

-kp

Kevin Peters blog: www.ocsguy.com MVP Communications Server, MCITP: Enterprise Administration | MCTS:OCS | MCSE | MCSA | CCNA
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 2:01 PM
  • Hi, what should I see in the logs? Any special requests?
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 3:34 PM