My Sound Recording isn't opening RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, so I've tried for the past few days to record sound, but when I click on Sound Recording it does not start. 

I've tried to start it with "run" and start it as an administrator,  but it won't work. I also have restarted my laptop over and over, but nothing.

How can I solve this problem?

Sunday, December 8, 2013 3:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

britishdhez provides a good suggestion.

You may run the built-in troubleshooter first and check if it helps:

Open the Recording Audio troubleshooter:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Recording-Audio-troubleshooter

As I known, to use Sound Recorder, you must have a sound card or motherboard with an audio line in jack and speakers installed on your computer. If you want to record sound, you will also need a microphone or some other audio input device.

In addition, please follow the steps below and check if you can open the sound recorder:

Open the Start Menu, click on All Programs, Accessories folder, and double click on Sound Recorder.

NOTE: The Sound Recorder exe file is located at C:\Windows\system32\SoundRecorder.exe.

Double-click on Start Recording.

I also would like to suggest update the driver for Sound Devices:

1. Access Device Manager by clicking the Windows Start Button > Control Panel > System and Maintenance.

2. Then scroll down and click on Device Manager.

3. Then expand Sound, Video and Game Controllers" by clicking on the + sign, right-click over the sound device and click Update Driver.

You may refer the article below for additional help about updating the drivers:

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/update-driver-hardware-isnt-working-properly#update-driver-hardware-isnt-working-properly=windows-7

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Monday, December 23, 2013 7:35 AM
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 2:14 AM

All replies