Windows 10 Runtime Error RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting a box popping up after startup when I upgraded from windows 7 to 10 which says

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Windows\System32\atibtmon.exe

This program has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way..........

What can I do to stop this from happening?

Saturday, August 15, 2015 7:03 PM

All replies

• I don't know what to do either, but the same thing is happening to me!
    Thursday, September 3, 2015 2:37 AM
  • atibtmon.exe is the Adobe executable that checks for updates on startup.  I simply turned off the automatic check for updates in Adobe pro.  No more annoying error!  I created a script that checks manually on a weekly basis for all my non-Microsoft products.
    Saturday, July 16, 2016 3:11 PM
  • Not right. atibtmon.exe is ATI BAttery MONitor which adjusts the screen brightness depending on whether the laptop is plugged in or running on battery power. The problem is that many of those adapters don't have Windows 10 compatible drivers, so the error shows up on older systems after upgrading to Windows 10.

The solutions to the problem are at:

answers.microsoft.com, Windows 8 section; search for "runtime-error-for-atibtmonexe-when-disconnecting" and go to page 5 (can't post link)

- try Annie Adkisson's solution first, since it's the least intrusive, although it will drain the battery faster and may not always work

- try Robert Cunliffe's solution if the first method doesn't work.

I suggest restoring the Adobe update settings.

Monday, August 8, 2016 6:14 PM
  • I went to the ATI website download the latest video display drivers for my  laptop, install, and reboot

Fixed

Hope this Helps

Monday, November 14, 2016 8:37 PM