Probable bug in Word 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I think that I have found a bug in Word 2013.

Steps to replicate:

• Create a document (sample one here) with custom properties and then turn on Track Changes
    • delete some text which contains a custom property
    • select all content (Ctrl-A)
    • Press F9 to update all fields
    • Only the fields preceding the text deletion get updated, the ones following the text deletion are not updated.
    • select one of the not updated fields and press F9 and the field updates to the correct value of the custom property.

If you turn off change tracking and select all and then update all fields it works as expected. I can therefore only assume that something in the latest update broke this in Word.

I have this issue on Word version 15.0.4667.1001. This behavior is different to the out-of-the-box Word 2013 installation which behaves as expected.

My questions are:

• can other people reproduce this issue ?
    • what is the best way to report this to Microsoft ?

Thanks

Sunday, November 23, 2014 10:55 PM

All replies

• Hi PalerSash,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum is for developers to discussing developing issues involve Word application. Since the issue is more relative to end-user, I would like to move it to Word IT Pro Discussions forum.

You also can contacting Microsoft support to raise an incident so that our engineer could work closely with him to identify the root cause and resolve this issue as soon as possible.

If the support engineer determines that the issue is the result of a bug the service request will be a no-charge case and you won't be charged.

Please visit the below link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 24, 2014 6:43 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your post.

This is a quick note to let you know that we are performing research on this issue.

Regards,

Melon Chen

Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here
    Tuesday, November 25, 2014 4:54 AM
  • Hello,

We tried to reproduce the issue at our end, unfortunately we are not able to do that. it is working fine here.

Please let me knwo how you are creating the feilds.

Regards,

Monday, December 1, 2014 3:00 PM