none
how to migrate sharepoint 2013 permissions to office 365 manually

Question

• Hi,

i want to migrate sharepoint 2013 permissions to office 365 manually.

Kindly can any one give steps for migrating permissions.

Thanks in advance.

Saturday, October 8, 2016 4:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Manually will be a pain. My recommendation is to use a 3rd party tool. It also depends on how your content is structured in your on-premises; if you don't have a security mess (meaning item level security), you can probably right a PowerShell script to build a CSV file of your site security structure, then use a CSOM code to apply the security structure in SPO (reading from the same CSV file).

Mike

mike maadarani

Sunday, October 9, 2016 8:34 PM
  • Hi split the large content atabase in to mutiple CB's,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, October 13, 2016 3:37 AM
  • I want only migrate users and groups manually, i don't want to migrate entire site.

can you help me out this scenario.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 7:05 AM

You could sync the users from active directory on premise to SharePoint online.

For more detailed information, you could refer to the article below.

Configure SharePoint Online to use Active Directory Users.

http://en.share-gate.com/blog/migrate-to-office-365-part2

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 7:46 AM

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 9:20 AM