none
User Rights Assingment

Question

• Hello All,

We have deployed windows 10 in our organization (image), and we had configured group policies to add domain admins, technical support in local domain admins group, and we have create another GP for user rights assignment and added domain admins, technical support in it ( the configuration was applied on default group policy ). and we have enabled remote desktop & services ( from my computer ), and from windows firewall. Now when i run gpresult /r the default domain group policy is applied on windows 10, but when i check local group policy (gpedit.msc) i founded only domain admins group added in in user rights assignment.

The configuration were applied on site level. Now i can not remote access any windows 10 with technical support privilege, but i can remote access to windows 7. Technical support group can access windows 7 with no issue.

What should be done in order to remote access windows 10, or add technical support group in local GP user rights assignment.

best regards,

Wednesday, December 7, 2016 9:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    First of all, I would not suggest to configure the settings in the default domain policy GPO, just leave it alone, we usually create new GPO with the needed settings, then apply it, it will be clear for troubleshooting if something wrong happen.
    And regarding to Enable Remote Desktop (RDP) through Group Policy (GPO), please refer to the following step-by-step article to have a try again to see if it helps:
    http://www.dannyeckes.com/server-2012-enable-remote-desktop-rdp-group-policy-gpo/
    Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, December 8, 2016 3:17 AM