Some Distribution List Names colored in green RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, 

Just a weird issue. When I type some DLs in "To" Field, their name changes to green color. I saw this was raised few times in the past, but never got answered. 

This matters because, DLs with green color shows wrong number of recipients e.g. in screenshot below, the DL only has 5 members, but Outlook shows 104 recipients. 

We use Office 365 and Outlook 2013.

Thanks in Advance. 

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 3:13 AM

All replies

• Hi Pushpinder,

Based on my research, this is an expected behavior that in Office 365, if a distribution group has more than 25 members, the name color turns to green and MailTip displays for the message. 

Regarding the wrong number of recipients, to help narrow down the issue, please try to compose an email message addressed to this Dynamic Distribution Lists in OWA and Outlook Online mode to see whether the issue can be reproduced.

Any findings, please feel free to post back.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 6:45 AM
  • Hi Yuki,

Thanks for your message.

There are only 5 members in the DL. I checked in OWA as well, and the same happens in there too. 

Thursday, July 13, 2017 12:22 AM
  • Hi Pushpinder,

Thanks for your update.

As the issue also exists in OWA, the problem might be related to Exchange rather than the Outlook client side. In this situation, I'd like to encourage you post to the following dedicated forum for Exchange Online:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=onlineservicesexchange

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Your understanding is appreciated.

Best regards,
    Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 13, 2017 1:43 AM