none
How to create the reports for the Team Assignment Pool? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I wonder how can I generate the reports for the Team Assignment Pool? 

What do I have now:

1. I created Lookup Table "Teams" and added a few  team names (lets say "builders" and "engineers")
    2. Linked Lookup "Teams" table with the lookup field
    3. In the Resource Center I created the new item "Build Team" (without logon) and assigned in to the "Team Assigned Pool" for the "Builders" team name.
    4. Selected a few team members in Resource Center and assigned them to the "Team Assigned Pool" under the "Build team" name

At this point I have one Resource item name "Build Team" that belongs to the Team Assignment Pool with the same name, and a few members that are linked to the same pool as well, thus "Build Team" consists from several persons.

In my project I assigned a few task to the "Build Team" item (not to the individual users). 

Now, I want to generate the reports to see who are in my "build team" and their allocation and capability. As I understand Recource Center can't provide such outlining and the way to achieve this is via Reporting. However, I can't find the way to build the report that will show me the teams with the users they belong to.

Any ideas how to achieve this is greatly appreciated. 

SharePoint 2007 - 2010 Tips & Tricks Portal | Microsoft MVP | My Blog about Information Management | My twitter
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 3:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Michael,

I think that Barbara's answer should satisfy your needs, but you may also want to consider using the OLAP cubes for your request. You can create an excel report where you can outline what you are after, save this report and ( not sure what version of Proejct Server you are using) then display the report using Excel Services. Check out the "Portfolio Analyser" cube and also the resource cubes. When you interrigate the dimensions and measurments and play with them, I would very much think that you can achieve your report. Let me know how you go and if you have any luck with it. If not I am happy to assist you in creating the report.
    Thanks

Marc Soester [MVP] http://marcsoester.blogspot.com
    Saturday, August 28, 2010 12:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The best way to use Team resources are defined in the following posting:

http://www.projectserverexperts.com/ProjectServerFAQKnowledgeBase/CreateTeamResource.aspx

I can see what you are trying to achieve, have a look at the above, this will give you more of an idea on how / the best practice is to do this.

Regards,

Dharmesh

Thursday, August 12, 2010 7:09 AM
  • The approach in that article only demonstrates how to use the Project Professional to check the Team user belongs. But I'm after the appoach to see all tasks and allocations for the specific team (just opposite approach described in the article)

SharePoint 2007 - 2010 Tips & Tricks Portal | Microsoft MVP | My Blog about Information Management | My twitter
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 8:33 AM
  • Hi Michael,

not sure if I got you, since you wrote you can't achieve it within PWA. Have you tried the following?

- add Team Name to a Resource Center View
    - Filter your view for your team name (or create a view for each team with a filter applied)
    - select all
    - click on Resource Assignments or Resource Availabitlity

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, August 12, 2010 10:03 AM
  • Resouce Allocation and Availability doesn't show the projects and users for my team, it only works with individual users

Thursday, August 12, 2010 1:07 PM
  • Hi Michael,

in Resource Availability, you can change view to Assignment by projects. There will be one colour for each project. It will also change group by to project in the grid.

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, August 12, 2010 3:56 PM
  • Hi Michael,

I think that Barbara's answer should satisfy your needs, but you may also want to consider using the OLAP cubes for your request. You can create an excel report where you can outline what you are after, save this report and ( not sure what version of Proejct Server you are using) then display the report using Excel Services. Check out the "Portfolio Analyser" cube and also the resource cubes. When you interrigate the dimensions and measurments and play with them, I would very much think that you can achieve your report. Let me know how you go and if you have any luck with it. If not I am happy to assist you in creating the report.
    Thanks

Marc Soester [MVP] http://marcsoester.blogspot.com
    Saturday, August 28, 2010 12:57 AM