none
the SMTP traffic from specific domain not hitting my server

Question

• Hi everyone,

I have issue that i am not able to receive from particular domain, also there is no NDR , and also there no log in my server

i am asked the sender to send me email in my Gmail account and copy my bussiness account.

i have received his test email in my gmail account.

please help to solve this issue.

Thanks

Monday, May 23, 2016 12:42 PM

Answers

• Thanks hinte,

but i have received the message to my gmail account , i saw my business email in "cc", what that mean.

thanks

Just because you received the message in your gmail account does not mean the message that was supposed to be delivered left the hosts on their side.  I would do 2 things:

1. Ask them to provide you proof that they handed off the message to the next hop.
    2. If you have a 3rd party hygiene provider look their to see if they have the message. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 3:45 PM

All replies

• Hi everyone,

I have issue that i am not able to receive from particular domain, also there is no NDR , and also there no log in my server

i am asked the sender to send me email in my Gmail account and copy my bussiness account.

i have received his test email in my gmail account.

please help to solve this issue.

Thanks

The sender should be able to track the message from their end, and see where it goes immediately after it leaves their domain (if it does).  Once you know that, you need to start there.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

Monday, May 23, 2016 1:25 PM
  • Thanks Hinte for response,

But this sender has no knowledge and I am so, please tell what the first thing you should do?

please guide me to solve this issue 

thanks 

Monday, May 23, 2016 1:41 PM
  • Thanks Hinte for response,

But this sender has no knowledge and I am so, please tell what the first thing you should do?

please guide me to solve this issue 

thanks 

If you have no record of the message reaching the things you control, then they need to give you something that says the message is leaving their environment, and where the next hop is.

Monday, May 23, 2016 4:28 PM
  • Thanks hinte,

but i have received the message to my gmail account , i saw my business email in "cc", what that mean.

thanks

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 8:57 AM
  • Hi,

Have you received the emails from the domain before the issue occurred?

Please confirm if all users in your organization can't receive the emails from the particular domain.

In general,if there is no problem when you can receive emails from other domain, the issue is mostly likely caused by the specific domain’s settings or your blacklist.

On your exchange server,check if there is any related transport rule to block it.

Please ask the sender to resend the email,try to find if we can get the NDR on the sender side.

Also contact with the sender to check whether there are any Spam filter software on the sender side blocked the emails.

Regards,

David 

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 9:21 AM
  • In fact I have a problem with the 2 domains, the first one, I received e-mails from him, now all users  not able to receive messages  from this domain . The second one have never receive anything from this domain. i dont have transport role.

he sent me 3 test email since last week. till now did not get NDR

Thanks and sorry for the language.

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 12:09 PM
  • Thanks hinte,

thanks

Just because you received the message in your gmail account does not mean the message that was supposed to be delivered left the hosts on their side.  I would do 2 things:

1. Ask them to provide you proof that they handed off the message to the next hop.
    2. If you have a 3rd party hygiene provider look their to see if they have the message. 

Tuesday, May 24, 2016 3:45 PM