none
HP StorageWorks Tape Libary not recognized on SCDPM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, we installed a new DPM 2012. We already had DPM 2010 running but decided to do a fresh install of DPM 2012 (so no upgrade). Today we moved the HP StorageWorks MSL6000 TapeLibrary to the DPM 2012 server. It was running find on DPM 2010 but I cannot get it to work with DPM 2012. I mean the OS just changed from Windows 2008 to Windows 2008 R2. It should work but it is not. As you can see in the screenshot the TapeLibrary itself is recognized correctly and all Slots are OK and the Barcode of the Tapes are all OK.

But the TapeDrive is not recognized correctly. It says it is a standalone which is wrong. So I cannot do anything (like inventory...). I get the error ID 3302 saying that tape drive driver is incorrect.

So I did download the newest from HP and went to Device Manager and updated the driver for Medium Changer (which was displayed correctly as HP SW MSL6000) and also the TapeDrive Driver. I did a restart of the server and did a rescan on SCDPM 2012.

Doesn't change anything. After the rescan I have the same situation and nothing works. Any ideas what else I could try?

Thursday, October 25, 2012 10:21 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please run the dpmdrivemapping.exe tool

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff399327.aspx

Procedure to Remap Tape Drive using DPMDriveMapping.exe

1. Run DPMDriveMapping.exe from <DPM Install>\Bin folder.

2. Start the DPM Administrator Console.

3. Click Rescan.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, October 25, 2012 4:14 PM