none
MIM 2016 SP1 update to 4.5.286 and .Net Framework 4.7+ RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there,

I would like to know if any of you have already successfully updated MIM 2016 SP1 with latest update 4.5.286.0, when .Net Framework on server (Win2012R2) is already updated to version 4.7+ (in our case 4.7.2) ?
    I found myself unable to do the MSP update for MIM Sync (I didn't tried the other components at the moment) which failed with error 1723 on action CheckDotNetVersion.

I know that the requirement for MIM 2016 SP1 is Framework 4.6.
    But unfortunately the servers has been updated to latest .Net Framework version without our knowledge, and Security officers prevent us to do a rollback.

Have a nice day,
    Ghislain

Monday, February 4, 2019 6:16 PM

Answers

• Hi all,

so regarding the issue, I think we found the cause of our problem and it was between the chair and the keyboard.

After rechecking with another test server and re-applying the KB for 4.5.286 on MIM Sync, the update worked even with .Net Framework 4.7 already deployed.

The difference: Visual C++ 2013 x64 Redistributable Package

We followed the prerequisites for the KB and installed the Visual C++ 2013 package on our mockup server.

When checking on Production servers, we found that this prerequisite were not installed as we expected it to be. And we were focused on an issue with the presence of .Net Framework 4.7 because the error in the install log happened during the action CheckDotNetVersion.

Note to myself: check, double-check, triple-check that what you expect to have is really done.

We face now another issue related to MIM Portal. I will open a new thread about it.

Have a nice day.

• Marked as answer by GhislainS Friday, April 5, 2019 10:22 AM
    Friday, April 5, 2019 10:22 AM

All replies

• Hello,

I have used this workaround in situations like yours.  Make sure to backup your registry before you make the change.  After successful installation of MIM you can then restore the backup of your registry.

Best,

Jeff Ingalls

Friday, February 8, 2019 1:29 PM
  • Hi Jeff,

thank you for your answer.

I should have think of that as we faced the same behavior with SharePoint 2013 until MS provides a fix.

Unfortunately I failed to make this workaround works for MIM update.

I tried by changing the registry key Release to match older .Net Framework (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed) and I also tried a reboot after registry changes, but I still receive the same error.

I don't know if anyone have any other idea or have successfully updated MIM with .Net framework 4.7.

Have a nice day

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 11:39 AM
  • Hi all,

so regarding the issue, I think we found the cause of our problem and it was between the chair and the keyboard.

After rechecking with another test server and re-applying the KB for 4.5.286 on MIM Sync, the update worked even with .Net Framework 4.7 already deployed.

The difference: Visual C++ 2013 x64 Redistributable Package

We followed the prerequisites for the KB and installed the Visual C++ 2013 package on our mockup server.

When checking on Production servers, we found that this prerequisite were not installed as we expected it to be. And we were focused on an issue with the presence of .Net Framework 4.7 because the error in the install log happened during the action CheckDotNetVersion.

Note to myself: check, double-check, triple-check that what you expect to have is really done.

We face now another issue related to MIM Portal. I will open a new thread about it.

Have a nice day.

• Marked as answer by GhislainS Friday, April 5, 2019 10:22 AM
    Friday, April 5, 2019 10:22 AM