Functional Level with SCCM 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

My enterprise wants to know if this supported Microsoft System Center Configuration
    Manager 2007 R2 SP2 to continue operating if the client update your AD DS
    environment with AD DS Windows Server domain controllers 2012 R2 and raise the
    functional level of the domain and the forest from 2003 to 2012 R2.

In this link http://technet.microsoft.com/es-mx/library/cc161851.aspx doesn't
    specific about 2012 R2 functional level

have a link where say about of?

Thanks!

Thursday, August 7, 2014 9:36 PM

Answers

• I can tell you that had not been tested (at least not as of when I had left the product group a few months ago). And I know that there at least one issue (related to AD Forest Discovery) when the AD functional level was set to Windows Server 2012+.

Wally Mead

Thursday, August 7, 2014 9:38 PM

All replies

• I can tell you that had not been tested (at least not as of when I had left the product group a few months ago). And I know that there at least one issue (related to AD Forest Discovery) when the AD functional level was set to Windows Server 2012+.

Wally Mead

Thursday, August 7, 2014 9:38 PM
  • He actually asked about ConfigMgr 2007 just in case it matters.

John Marcum | Microsoft MVP - Enterprise Client Management
    My blog: System Center Admin | Twitter: @SCCM_Marcum | Linkedin: John Marcum

Friday, August 8, 2014 12:45 PM
  • Well, the title says "SCCM 2012 R2", so I guess I missed the version in the text as I thought it was as per the subject :-) It's always easier to answer when all the information provided is correct :-)

I would doubt that Configuration Manager 2007 has been tested with the newer AD functional levels either. So if not tested, then not supported. You'd need to contact CSS to get a valid support statement on it however.

Wally Mead

Friday, August 8, 2014 3:32 PM