none
SMS_STATE_SYSTEM - SQL Message 6522 Severity 16 RRS feed

• Question

• I recently upgraded my SCCM server to 1602 with SQL Server 2012 R2 SP3 on Server 2008 R2. I'm seeing the following errors
    in SMS_STATE_SYSTEM in Component Status. Any idea what the error refers to and the possible fixes? Thanks.

Microsoft SQL Server reported SQL message 6522, severity 16: [42000][6522][Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]A .NET Framework error occurred during execution of
    user-defined routine or aggregate "fnMDMCalculateHash":
    System.Data.SqlTypes.SqlNullValueException: Data is Null. This method or prop

• Edited by SkydogJit Friday, June 3, 2016 1:26 PM update
    Wednesday, May 25, 2016 1:23 PM

Answers

• After not receiving any responses for the issue posted above (using my other TechNet account), I reached out to Wally Mead via the Cireson Community portal. He inquired directly with the developers at Microsoft and provided the following info:

For this particular issue, it is likely due to some bad state messages reported from clients. If possible, customer can double check the statesys.log and it will tell the CM Admins which particular .SMX file is causing the issue and it is likely they are moved to the corrupted folder (<cminstalldir>\ \inboxes\auth\statesys.box\corrupt)

If so, can they share the offending .SMX files and the statesys.log/lo_

If you have other thoughts on the cause and resolution for this issue,please chime in. Thanks.

• Marked as answer by SkydogJit Thursday, October 6, 2016 7:46 PM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 1:53 PM

All replies

• After not receiving any responses for the issue posted above (using my other TechNet account), I reached out to Wally Mead via the Cireson Community portal. He inquired directly with the developers at Microsoft and provided the following info:

For this particular issue, it is likely due to some bad state messages reported from clients. If possible, customer can double check the statesys.log and it will tell the CM Admins which particular .SMX file is causing the issue and it is likely they are moved to the corrupted folder (<cminstalldir>\ \inboxes\auth\statesys.box\corrupt)

If so, can they share the offending .SMX files and the statesys.log/lo_

If you have other thoughts on the cause and resolution for this issue,please chime in. Thanks.

• Marked as answer by SkydogJit Thursday, October 6, 2016 7:46 PM
    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 1:53 PM
  • Hey Hoorge,

I am getting the same errors. Any solution for this

Monday, July 31, 2017 4:08 PM