Vista Saved Searches RRS feed

• Question

• The indexed searching in Vista is definitely a great thing. (Albeit a bit of a WinFS tease). But it seems strange that once I save a search as a virtual folder, I can't see or change the search criteria for that folder.

Furthermore, some of the sample Saved Searches have "last 30 days" type logic to them. But when I'm in the Search Pane there doesn't seem to be any way to express something like DateModied >= Today()-30. The Search Pane seems to force me to pick a specific date.

So how do you set up a search for "last 30 days" or something along those lines?

Monday, July 17, 2006 2:21 PM

Answers

• I agree that it would be wonderful to be able to "rehydrate" a saved search and surgically change parts of the query. I would not be terribly suprised to see that capability be implemented at some point in the future. For now, though, you can't modify a saved search. Likewise, we provide a limited set of boolean operators to create commonly needed searches -- but relative dates, such as [today - 30] are not currently available.
    Friday, September 22, 2006 5:21 PM