none
Backup-SPSite - A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available)

Question

• I am trying to backup a site collection using backup-spsite.  It is the only site collection in the content database.  The backup runs for a few minutes, but them always fails after 755MB, with the following error:

A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - The specified network name is no longer available)

I monitored the resources on the SQL server and the SP server, and they never get close to maxing out, and communication does not seem to be dropped.  It is strange that the backup always fails at 755MB.  Any ideas?

Saturday, April 29, 2017 8:12 PM

All replies

• Do other site collections in other databases fail as well? That might let you nail down if it's an issue with the platform or something to do with the particular SC/DB

Edit: And yes, very strange.

Sunday, April 30, 2017 11:39 AM
  • No the other content databases do not fail, just the one.
    Monday, May 01, 2017 3:16 AM
  • Hi,

Please try to increase SQL connection timeout property and command timeout property.

If the issue still occurs, please reproduce it and check for the ULS logs, which would give same tips to figure out the root cause.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, May 01, 2017 7:37 AM
  • Can you move the site into another database?

I never like increasing timeouts, generally they are set arbitrarily high and the only reason you hit them is because something else is very wrong.

Do you get any errors on the SQL server in the event log or in the SQL server error logs?

Monday, May 01, 2017 2:44 PM