SQL connection error when running a published AppV package on a CITRIX server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello friends,

I've recently sequenced an app called CBORD in AppV 5.0. The app itself is relatively simple and requires a connection to a backend SQL server. It installs fine on the sequencing PC and runs as per normal (connects to the backend dbase fine).

THE ISSUE - APPV RDS client is installed on a couple of our 'proof of concept' CITRIX 6.5 servers (with the PACKAGEINSTALLATIONROOT location pointing to D drive in the hope that it behaves similar to CITRIX streaming profiles and cached application data for 'easier' application management. When I publish this app via Powershell (with the -Global option) on the CITRIX server(s) and try running it I get a 'connecton failure SQL state = 08001' error coming from within the application (this obviously also happens if I publish the app to CITRIX and then launch from our CITRIX web portal).

If I publish the app to my desktop PC I can run the application fine. Doing a 'Run As' another user on the shortcut link and trying to run with another user account however results in the SAME error as what im having on the CITRIX servers.

What am I missing here?
    Is there something in the way I'm publishing the app on the server end related to user profile permissions, scripts or switches that Im not using that is required for CITRIX servers? i.e. UPM management on CITRIX conflicting with Appv. Note- the appv shortcut usually points to  %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Microsoft\AppV\Client\Integration\AppGUID which itself is a SYMBOLIC link pointing back to the D drive cache location.

Any info would be VERY much appreciated (its driving me nuts!!)

regards,

Louie

Wednesday, November 2, 2016 6:15 AM