none
shared folders for restricted user RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

Hoping someone can help.

Is it possible to have a shared folders on the PC when it is logged on a restricted user?

I have tried sharing drives as the administrator but they are no longer shared when logged in as the restricted user and I can't seem to find a restriction in steadystate that is disabling this functionality.  Ideally I would like to share a folder even if a restricted user is logged on so it can be accessed from other machines.

Thanks

Ian

Thursday, March 13, 2008 6:57 AM

Answers

All replies

• OK so it is accessible via the unc path but no sharing icon is visible in explorer.

Ideally I would like to map a drive to the unc path even on the machine that has the share on it for a specific application.  I don't seem to be able to run a logon script or map a drive to the unc path as the restricted user.  I have tried enabling command prompt to try this but doesn't seem to be working.

Any ideas?

Thursday, March 13, 2008 7:09 AM
  •  

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting here!

From the post, I understand that restricted user cannot view shared folder.

Ian, before we go further, I have found the following thread that is related to the issue, let's check if the solution in the post resolves the issue:

Unable to browse network

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsToolsandUtilities/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2822720&SiteID=69

Best regards,

Friday, March 14, 2008 3:02 AM