Windows 7 Start-up problem RRS feed

• Question

• I have an HP Pavilion dv7 with windows 7 and it has worked well for a year now, but for the past month it has started to act buggy. When I start up windows and log in, I cannot open or connect to anything until the programs on the desktop all turn white then back to their original look, then I am able to open/connect to things, I would not bother with finding a fix for this if it did not take about 5 minutes before I can actually use my computer due to this problem. If it would help I can record it later and post a link to the video, just let me know if that would be more helpful.
    Monday, August 27, 2012 2:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Its common if you have multiple "start up" items. Try having less items start at login.

If you want something you've never had, you need to do something you've never done.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 5:03 AM
  • Hi,

Please try the following and see how it works.

1. Create a new user account login with it.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/Windows7/Fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

2. Boot into Clean Boot Mode and test the issue again.

If issue persists, it is appreciated that if you can provide us that video.

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by josingletary Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:49 AM
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 5:04 AM
  • Thanks Jeremy, although your advice did not fix my problem, it did make it where it does not take as long, it takes maybe a minute or two when it pulls up now. good enough for me. thanks :)
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:06 AM
  • Thanks Jeremy, although your advice did not fix my problem, it did make it where it does not take as long, it takes maybe a minute or two when it pulls up now. good enough for me. thanks :)

Did you try my suggestion of lessening the quantity of programs that start when you log in?

If you want something you've never had, you need to do something you've never done.

Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:12 AM
  • I have no start-up programs, I got rid of those before I even posted on here, thanks however :)
    • Proposed as answer by Jeremy_Wu Thursday, August 30, 2012 5:43 AM
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:15 AM