Windows error 80070005 help pls RRS feed

• Question

• ok so,

I just got my PC and it's been working fine for some time now.

after around 4 months i started getting errors when i try to update or install new drivers
    And yes i am logged in as an administrator in my PC.
    My USBs, my Tablet, and even the driver for Graphics Card can't update at all
    at first i ignored it since i can live without my tablet or USBs but since I'm an avid gamer, 
    My Graphics card is pretty much the 2nd most important thing to me
    and because my Graphics card can't update my desktop is now shit
    and i can't play any of my games properly
    I've tried almost every thing i saw on the net and on other threads here that i thought would be safe:
    I tried turning off my anti-virus and firewalls
    I tried Downloading subinacl and putting it in Windows\System32
    then using the reset.bat codes in the thread 
    it showed up as a command prompt showing C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
    'subinacl' is not recognized as an internal or external command
    operable program or batch file. 
    and some other similar codes like that

And yes i clicked "Run as Administrator" on the reset.bat file
    I've read that the command prompt is supposed to look different if ran as admin but yeah that's all i got
    I am not on a shared computer and my account is the only account here so i don't understand why i wouldn't have admin rights and yes i am sure that i am an administrator

I tried following a variation of this for 64 bit computers
    @echo off
    c:\windows\syswow64\subinacl.exe /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f
    c:\windows\syswow64\subinacl.exe /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f
    c:\windows\syswow64\subinacl.exe /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f
    c:\windows\syswow64\subinacl.exe /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f
    c:\windows\syswow64\subinacl.exe /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=system=f
    c:\windows\syswow64\subinacl.exe /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=system=f
    c:\windows\syswow64\subinacl.exe /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=system=f
    c:\windows\syswow64\subinacl.exe /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=system=f
    @Echo =========================
    @Echo Finished.
    @Echo =========================
    @pause

applying this in the reset.bat file instead of the usual one but it did not work either
    I also tried to follow another suggestion that tells me to rename SoftwareDistribution to Software Distribution.old and create a new folder called Software Distribution and as of now it's not really working for me
    When i tried to install the drivers, Error 80070005 keeps showing up.
    "Access Denied" it says
    If none of the mentioned strategies would work,
    is there other way for me to fix this?

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 1:21 AM

All replies

• Btw, I'm running on 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium 
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 1:22 AM