Looking for last logged on time RRS feed

• Question

• I have a question on getting this info from NetworkLoginProfile.  I have seen threads showing how to set up SCCM to collected the data but I'm wondering what the data being collected is.  The lastlogin time seems to be related to the last time the account was accessed on the domain not on the PC. 

I found this "The NetworkLoginProfile class enumerates all local profiles and network accounts for a computer, and it then queries a domain controller to gain information about those accounts."  from this KB article - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287425

It does not look like collecting data from networkloginprofile will help people who want to see who the last person to log into a particular PC was.  Is there a way to gather that data?  I know in the SCCM logs, it will show users logging in and out but it does not seem to gather that data to the DB.

Thanks
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 5:55 PM

Answers

• try using a query that is made of system resource/last logon username is equal to <prompted value> for your criteria tab

i believe there is a query already in there from the config mgr installation called systems by last logged on user. it wont be up to the minute of course but it is quite useful. i would think the accuracy of this query may depend on what percent of unmanaged clients are on the network.

hope this helps.
    • Edited by a_mohamed Sunday, October 18, 2009 10:41 PM found that query i suggested was a default query in config mgr and not a query made after installation. edited comment to make note of that.
    • Proposed as answer by Sherry Kissinger Tuesday, December 22, 2009 2:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, October 27, 2012 3:12 PM
    Friday, October 16, 2009 9:57 PM

All replies

• Garth goes into some pretty detailed information.  Start here:  http://smsug.ca/blogs/garth_jones/archive/2007/06/30/482.aspx

and especially read through the two additional blog entries he links to in that blog entry.

To summarize at a highlevel, some last logged on information can be available--but it's spotty and almost impossible to get 100% realiability.
    Standardize. Simplify. Automate.
    Thursday, October 15, 2009 6:28 PM
  • try using a query that is made of system resource/last logon username is equal to <prompted value> for your criteria tab

i believe there is a query already in there from the config mgr installation called systems by last logged on user. it wont be up to the minute of course but it is quite useful. i would think the accuracy of this query may depend on what percent of unmanaged clients are on the network.

hope this helps.
    • Edited by a_mohamed Sunday, October 18, 2009 10:41 PM found that query i suggested was a default query in config mgr and not a query made after installation. edited comment to make note of that.
    • Proposed as answer by Sherry Kissinger Tuesday, December 22, 2009 2:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, October 27, 2012 3:12 PM
    Friday, October 16, 2009 9:57 PM