Collections Include/Exclude RRS feed

• Question

• Folks, 

My A collection developed with B Collection include and C collection exclude. Like that i used B Collection include so many collections. Now I need to know how many collections have B collection as Included ? 

I tried 

V_collection, V_Collections, V_collectionruledirect, v_collectionrulequery. but no luck 

Please click answer If it works Thanks KMI

Monday, August 21, 2017 3:34 PM

All replies

• You can try to use vCollectionDependenciesFlat.

In this view, SourceCollectionID should be your B collectionID and DependentCollectionIDs are the result you're searching. This also include 'limiting'.

select dependentCollectionID from vCollectionDependenciesFlat where SourceCollectionID = '<B collID>'

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 2:51 AM
  • no this will give the information about Source of my B Collection.

For example, my B Collection Limited to A collection that A collection called as Source Collection. 

So my look here is, B collection have D and E collections included, how to get that information that, my B Collection have two includes 1. D and 2. E Collections. 

Please click answer If it works Thanks KMI

Tuesday, August 22, 2017 2:43 PM
  • Starting point:  https://mnscug.org/blogs/sherry-kissinger/304-configmgr-2012-sql-report-with-collection-information-about-include-or-exclude-other-collections  not sure if it's exactly what you wanted, but you can use it as a start.

Standardize. Simplify. Automate.

• Proposed as answer by Frank Dong Thursday, September 7, 2017 11:36 AM
    Tuesday, August 22, 2017 3:43 PM