none
I cannot access GPO to make changes error (0x80070574) occurred parsing file logon failure: the target account is incorrect

Question

• I cannot access GPO to make changes error (0x80070574) occurred parsing file  logon failure: the target account is incorrect,

and i am logged in as administrator-

please advise,

• Edited by cmarin21 Monday, December 08, 2014 2:54 PM
    Monday, December 08, 2014 2:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Before going further, I agree with Calin that it would be helpful for us to troubleshoot the issue if more information is provided. Besides, we can try another admin account to see if the issue persists. We can also check event logs in Event Viewer to see if some related events were logged.

TechNet Subscriber Support
    If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Best regards,

Frank Shen

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 7:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you editing GPO straight from the GPMC from a domain controller or remotely connected from a management station using RSAT?

Can you give us some more details on how are you editing the GPO?

Regards,

Calin

Tuesday, December 09, 2014 8:51 AM
  • Hi,

Before going further, I agree with Calin that it would be helpful for us to troubleshoot the issue if more information is provided. Besides, we can try another admin account to see if the issue persists. We can also check event logs in Event Viewer to see if some related events were logged.

If you are TechNet Subscription user and have any feedback on our support quality, please send your feedback here.

Best regards,

Frank Shen

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 7:29 AM
  • Hi,

It's been a while. How is it going? If you need further help regarding the issue, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,

Frank Shen

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 4:58 AM