Outlook 2007 recurring meeting issue RRS feed

• Question

• I receive recurring meeting notices on my PC which I accept.  If at a later time, a single instance is cancelled by the organizer, the entire recurring meeting is removed from my calendar.  This occurs every time that I have a recurring meeting where one instance is cancelled.  I am using Windows XP and Office 2007 and the email account is exchange. I use only my computer to accept meetings.
    Tuesday, July 12, 2011 12:06 PM

Answers

• Thanks for your update.

Since the issue only affects one recipient, I am suspecting there is no problem on the meeting update message received. It is likely caused by the issue in your side, either the blackberry (sync related issue), Outlook Add-ins, or an unintentional incorrect operation.

So when you run the test, please try the steps below one at a time to isolate the fault:

1.        Ask your organizer to reproduce this issue, when you receive the delete notification message in Inbox, leave it in Inbox and go to your Calendar folder and check how many occurrences are marked as “Cancelled”, one, or all?

2.    Click Update to accept update message, and then check to see how many occurrences are deleted from your calendar?

3.    Temp disable your blackberry and test again to see if the issue reoccurs.

4.    Run Outlook in Safe mode and test again to see if the issue reoccurs.

Hope this helpful.

Fiona
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 2:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

To troubleshoot this issue, we need to collect more information:

1.    How does the organizer update the recurring meeting? Opens the Recurring Item with “Open this occurrence” and then Confirm Delete with “Delete this occurrence”?

2.    Please ask your organizer to reproduce this issue, when you receive the delete notification message in Inbox, leave it in Inbox and go to your Calendar folder and check how many occurrences are marked as “Cancelled”, one, or all?

3.    Does this issue occurs in another attendees who join the same recurring meeting with you?

4.    Do you have any delegate or mobile device, such as iphone or windows mobile?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Fiona Liao

Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:47 AM
  • Any update?
    Friday, July 15, 2011 6:56 AM
  • 1. yes the oganizer updates by "open the occurence" and then "delete the occurence"

2.  I will have to test this.

3. No it apparently only affects my calendar.

4. I have a Blackberry Bold (Tmobile) that syncs to the same exchange server, but I do not accept any meetings from the blackberry as  I thought it may be affecting this issue.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 10:53 AM
  • Thanks for your update.

Since the issue only affects one recipient, I am suspecting there is no problem on the meeting update message received. It is likely caused by the issue in your side, either the blackberry (sync related issue), Outlook Add-ins, or an unintentional incorrect operation.

So when you run the test, please try the steps below one at a time to isolate the fault:

1.        Ask your organizer to reproduce this issue, when you receive the delete notification message in Inbox, leave it in Inbox and go to your Calendar folder and check how many occurrences are marked as “Cancelled”, one, or all?

2.    Click Update to accept update message, and then check to see how many occurrences are deleted from your calendar?

3.    Temp disable your blackberry and test again to see if the issue reoccurs.

4.    Run Outlook in Safe mode and test again to see if the issue reoccurs.

Hope this helpful.

Fiona
    Wednesday, July 20, 2011 2:10 AM