SSL Application Tunneling popup box RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everibody;

I have the following issue: I have UAG and 2010 with update 1. I have a trunk with several applications published inside. One of those is the Terminal Services "TS Client Tunneling (Windows Vista/Windows XP)" In this publication I define my entire internal domain using *.internaldomain.com. Every time I use the application, it opens the SSL Wrapper and it allow me to connect to any internal computer using RDP. The problem is that after some minutes the SSL Application Tunneling appears and states: Access to the requested resourced denied. It is very anoying. Digging a little bit more in the UAG Web Monitor page, under Application Monitor, for Active Sessions, I click on the Events for the session and I found the following: Warnig: (time) 77 Unautorized Access Attempt. There was an unauthorized access attempt on trunk uag; Secure=1 in application Remote Desktop Connection. The application server address is 192.168.1.50:80. The session ID is 5A9FB689-05A2-4C52-9EA7-2226200610D6. The error code is Access denied (unknown server). This happen only on computers that belong to the domain and has policies for WSUS, and for Symantec Endpoint Protection. The IP's belong to one of those WSUS servers but some times it is also triyng to connect to Symantec management server or the TS server itself to the port 80. It is triyng to get the port 80, and therefore, SSL Application Tunneling is blocking the attempt to get connected because it is configured to allow only the port 3389.

What is happening? Any idea in how to solve this problem? Thak you very much for your help in advance.

Friday, July 30, 2010 9:14 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The TS application is only configured to allow port 3389, as you noted. you cannot change the RDP app, but you can create a generic client/server application that allows that specific server and port (or use the multiple-server one, and specify both the SEP and WSUS), and then set that app to be launched automatically when the user logs on.

Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Friday, September 10, 2010 6:01 PM
    Friday, September 10, 2010 6:01 PM

All replies