none
Design Manager is not accessible (access denied) to few designer in the Subsite even though they are having full control as an owner.

Question

• Design Manager is not accessible (access denied)  to few designer in the Subsite even though they are having full control as an owner to the site.

They have been given full control from the root site collection as well as in the subsite.
    Still they are getting access denied message while trying to access it.
    Even granting access through the access request sent by users is also not resolving the problem.

Reply at the earliest as it is quite urgent.

Thanks

Thursday, August 11, 2016 2:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you mean some users get access denied when accessing “DesignWelcomePage.aspx”?

If yes, I recommend to re-check the permission of the users in root site collection and check the permission level to see if there are any modifications.

You can also compare the permission of the users with issue and the users without issue to see what the differences are.

If you meet the issue when accessing the pages inside the “DesignWelcomePage.aspx”, please provide the detailed steps for reproducing.

Best Regards,

Victoria

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 12, 2016 7:44 AM
  • Hi,

I've checked the permission of users, they have been given full control through the root site collection owner group as well as from the subsite.

Note: I'm talking about the Design Manager functionality which helps us to convert HTML page to SP master page in publishing site feature.

* Even though the permission has been given, users are not able to access the page.

* They are prompted to send the request to the admin for access permission, and even after giving the permission they get the same access denied message. 

Regards,

Rishi

Friday, August 12, 2016 10:22 AM
  • Hi Rishi,

Please add the user to site collection administrators to see how it works.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 15, 2016 8:24 AM
  • Hi Victoria,

I tried adding the user to site collection administrators, it still didn't work.
    Any other suggestions ? Maybe something else I should look for?

I just tried following approach as provided in the link below but still no luck.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/6be7430c-ca6c-4535-b389-332d048c43dc/you-dont-have-add-and-customize-pages-permissions-required-to-perform-this-action-but-i-do?forum=sharepointadminprevious

PS : Issue is on SharePoint Online

Thanks,

Rishi

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 12:48 PM
  • Hi Rishi,

If the user is added to site collection administrators and he still cannot access Design Manager page, then the should not be an permission issue.

Could you please compare the user with other users who can access Design Manager to see if there are any differences for the users.

And also grant permission to the user in another site collection to see what happens.

Best Regards,

Victoria

Thursday, August 18, 2016 9:13 AM