Forefront Push not working RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to push a 64 bit forefront install from SCCM to a windows 7 64 bit box.  I have done this in the very recent past, but for some reason it won't push now.

I tried to install the client manually on the client and all it will do is blink a dos window and go away.  It blinks the dos windows so fast that I don't know what it is saying.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 2:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

First, have you seen this very good document for FCS/SCCM http://myitforum.com/cs2/files/folders/configmgr/entry117993.aspx

Second, it maybe related to the UAC of Windows 7.

Also, make sure that the package uses the clientsetup.exe for the x64 Windows version, in addition you can check the execmgr.log on the client under C:\windows\system32\ccm\logs

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 5:45 PM
  • I set UAC to never notify and I am trying it again.  I did look for that log file, but there isn't a CCM folder under that path.  I will let you know how it goes.
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 8:18 PM
  • Sorry on x64 Windows version, the execmgr.log is under c:\Windows\SysWOW64\CCM\Logs.
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 9:20 PM
  • It still didn't run.  I did look at the logs.  Everything, As best I can tell, ran successfully.  But the real time protection isn't running and I don't see any services or processes from FCS running.  This just doesn't make sense.  I have pushed this to about a dozen other win7x64 clients with no problems.

Thursday, September 16, 2010 1:52 PM
  • On you client machine, can you check clientsetup.log, FCSSSA.log and FCSAM.log under %Program Files%\Microsoft Forefront\Client Security\Client\Logs
    Thursday, September 16, 2010 8:07 PM
  • Hi,

Do you have any update about this issue?

Regards,

Nick Gu - MSFT
    Monday, September 20, 2010 7:03 AM