Engineering softwares dont even install on win 7 RRS feed

• Question

• My new laptop came with came with win 7 home basic 64 bit. My engineering softwares that worked fine in win XP and vista didnt even install so I upgraded to win 7 home premium 64 bit but same issue then I downgraded to win 7 home basic 32 bit but same problem then I upgraded to win 7 home premium 32 bit but still no use and then I downloaded a pirated copy of win 7 home premium 32 bit from internet and all my softwares are working fine .

Why some 32 bit registered windows not supporting and some supporting why ?

Friday, December 2, 2011 8:29 PM

Answers

• You need to contact the publisher of your engineering software.  Not all software that ran on Windows XP and/or Windows Vista will run on Windows 7 and that is not something Microsoft is responsible for fixing.

The publisher is solely responsible for providing support for their software to run on Windows 7.

And, there is absolutely NO SUPPORT for pirated software in any of the Microsoft forums!!!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Mustafa Zaidi Friday, December 2, 2011 8:43 PM
    Friday, December 2, 2011 8:35 PM

All replies

• You need to contact the publisher of your engineering software.  Not all software that ran on Windows XP and/or Windows Vista will run on Windows 7 and that is not something Microsoft is responsible for fixing.

The publisher is solely responsible for providing support for their software to run on Windows 7.

And, there is absolutely NO SUPPORT for pirated software in any of the Microsoft forums!!!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Mustafa Zaidi Friday, December 2, 2011 8:43 PM
    Friday, December 2, 2011 8:35 PM
  • Just i need to know what are the factors that make old versions windows softwares to work on windows 7 and i told the softwares worked fine on pirated win 7 means they are fine for win 7 so there might be some service pack or some emulator or some privilage problem that might be preventing them.
    Friday, December 2, 2011 8:47 PM
  • You will have to talk to the publisher of your engineering software.  Microsoft provides that information directly to the software writers so they can make the necessary changes in their software to accomodate chnages in Windows that affects the third party software.

You can go to the MSDN forums and see if you can get the information their.  The MSDN forums are specifically for software developers and there is where you might find the answer to your question: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/categories

Saturday, December 3, 2011 1:19 PM