MISSING FOLDERS FROM OUTLOOK.COM? RRS feed

• Question

• All of the folders I have created under my inbox are missing.  

It seems the folders are there somewhere as I can still move an email from my inbox to the folder using the "move" button on the toolbar.   All the files are there and if I search for the email that was moved, it shows the folder it is in.  

I need to be able to access my folders easily and would like them to show under my inbox.

Sorry, I am not tech savy.    I have searched for help but am unable to find any helps!

Thank you

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 7:56 PM

All replies

• Hi DAYNSH,

Do these folders show correctly on the web mail?

We can click Ctrl+6 to show all hidden folders in Outlook client and then see if you can find them.

Besides, we can also run /resetfolders command switch which helps restore missing folders for the default delivery location.

To do this, please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook.exe /resetfolders and then press Enter.

If issue continues, there could be something wrong with the local data file, please refer to the steps in this article to recreate a new .ost file for your outlook.com account.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 20, 2019 2:04 AM
  • No they are missing from the web based mail (outlook.com)  Not the program outlook.

Dana

• Edited by DAYNSH Thursday, June 20, 2019 4:20 PM
    Thursday, June 20, 2019 4:19 PM
  • No they are missing from the web based mail (outlook.com)  Not the program outlook.

Dana

Hi Dana,

Thank you for your update. In this case, this issue is more related with your outlook.com account.

We can switch browsers to check if folders are really missing. You may also check folders one by one to see if you’ve accidentally move them into another folder (like Deleted folder).

As here we mainly focus on issues regarding Outlook desktop client for Windows and Mac, I'd like to recommend you post this thread to Outlook.com community.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding:)

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, June 21, 2019 2:26 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, June 24, 2019 4:42 AM
    Friday, June 21, 2019 2:26 AM