none
[App-V 5] Publishing Errors

Question

• Hi,

I have an App-V 5 environment with a publishing server installed on port 13001. When I open a webbrowser and I go to the Publishingserver URL on port 13001, I can succesfully see the Published XML files, this is looking OK.

The problem that i have is that I have several errors with the App-V client when I try to update (or sync-appvpublishingserver command) to get the latest sequences.

I see the Event ID 9001:

Error encountered while executing command Get-AppvPublishingServer | Sync-AppvPublishingServer. Error: There were errors encountered when trying to publish packages from the server.

Operation attempted: RefreshPublishingServer.

AppV Error Code: 070000000B.

Please consult AppV Client Event Log for more details.

and Event ID 19104

Part or all packages publish failed.

published: 0

failed: 2

Please check the error events of 'Configure/Publish Package' before this message for the details of the failure.

What I see is that I sometimes see my sequences, but allot of the times I have this error. When I search on the internet for this issue, it is said that the hotfix KB2533623 should solve this. This hotfix is already installed, but the error is still alive, also I don't have a clue what the client is missing. So on the server side, in my opinion, it looks OK.

Please advise me on this issue!

Best regards,

Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:16 AM

Answers

• Quick question - does this 3rd-party management software sync %LOCALAPPDATA%? If so, is there a way to exclude it. I know with Citrix's Profile Manager there is an .INI that allows for this.

Steve Thomas, Senior Consultant, Microsoft

App-V/MED-V/SCVMM/Server App-V/MDOP/AppCompat

http://blogs.technet.com/gladiatormsft/
    The App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/appv/
    The MED-V Team Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/medv
    The SCVMM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/scvmm/

“This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. User assumes all risks.”

Hi, no it only sync folders that you assign as an admin.

But this was a problem that I had a long time ago. I was able to solve this by changing the sync times in the Profile management software. The Profile Management Software synced the %appdata%\Microsoft\AppV folder. I think there was a lock or some sort on this App-V folder. Now the Profile management tool will sync the files in this folder much later in the login proces and after this workaround the issue was gone.

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 1:38 PM
  • Hi,

I think I found out what the troubling software is which causes these errors. I am using a third party profile solution software, I will call the supplier of the software to troubleshoot this..

• Proposed as answer by znack Friday, February 22, 2013 10:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by David WoltersModerator Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:26 PM
    Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:47 PM

All replies

• Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:23 AM
  • hi,

I tried to copy/paste it on my topicstart. But I see an event 9001 with an App-V errorcode 070000000B and an event 19104. I have attached the screenshots of the event

and...

Thanks for the efforts!!

Best Regards

Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:29 AM
  • Hello,

If you assign one of those clients one package at the time, is there a specific package that causes the failure?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Friday, January 18, 2013 8:52 AM
  • No, it seems like every package is causing this issue. The "failed: 2" in the event 19104, are all the applications that that user should see. So that all the packages are not working. If I only publish one package, then the same errors are generated. I also get an Information Event log with an error code in it. I get no hits on this error code:

Friday, January 18, 2013 12:20 PM
  • Hello,

If you add one package using App-V Client powershell commands only on the client, does that work?

Friday, January 18, 2013 12:25 PM
  • It doesn't seems to work. It says that there is a problem with the user registry file of the package. But we have created on OS deployment task through SCCM to deploy our Citrix XenApp 6.5 servers with some basic software installed on it. This weekend I have re-deployed the OS of all our test TS Servers with App-V 5 client on it, to get everything back in a clean state.. On all these redeployed testclients I again have got the same issue.

But, when I take an empty TS server and I only deploy the App-V client on it, everything is working OK. I can manually add packages through Powershell or I can use the App-V Publishing Server, no events are logged. So therefor it is not in the package, it is something on the App-V client. I really don't know yet how to troubleshoot this and what piece of software exactly causing this....

I see the following error:

Publish-AppvClientPackage : The user registry settings for a package are missing or corrupt.

Operation attempted: Publish AppV Package.

AppV Error Code: 060000000E.

Please consult AppV Client Event Log for more details.

At line:1 char:121

+ ... lientPackage | Publish-AppvClientPackage

+                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidResult: (:) [Publish-AppvClientPackage], ClientException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PublishPackageError,Microsoft.AppV.AppvClientPowerShell.PublishAppvPackage

Monday, January 21, 2013 9:15 AM
  • Hello,
    Not really understanding all the scenarios you are testing, but it seems that you may have a piece of software interferering. A good way forward would be to share your testing scenarios in more detail and perhaps try to narrow down what components are causing the issue?

Monday, January 21, 2013 9:27 AM
  • Hi,

You're right, I also think that other software could cause this issue.

But to explain the environment.. We are currently installing an Citrix XenApp 6.5 environment at the customersite. In this environment we have installed one W2K8R2 server with the App-V 5 publishing service role and Management service role installed on it. We use a seperate SQL 2008R2 cluster server as database server for the management service, we have not setup reporting for App-V 5.

All Citrix servers are running on Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1. In the environment we also use SCCM 2012 for the deployment of MSI's, software update and OS Deployment for clients and servers. We have created a SCCM OS Deployment Tasksequence to deploy our Citrix automatically. This tasksequence is not using a WIM image file, but it is an unattended installation with command parameters of software to install everything. A step in this tasksequence is the deployment of the App-V 5 Client for RDS. The SCCM server succesfully deploy a Citrix server from beginning to end.

Because much is installed on a Citrix server (think of Critical/Required software updates, base software packages and all other management software), it is hard to find out which software could cause the issue. I believe it is something in the .Net/C++ framework engine, but I don't really have a lead on the error numbers.. The Citrix client really installs allot of stuff..

Monday, January 21, 2013 9:48 AM
  • Hello,

You could rebuild a machine and remove one step at the time to see which causes the failure.

Monday, January 21, 2013 9:50 AM
  • I am currently trying to deinstall everything to see If I can find a packages that would cause this, but this really could take allot of time. Maybe there is an error in the order how things are installed, so many variables which I am not sure of..
    Monday, January 21, 2013 9:56 AM
  • If you're using both ConfigMgr 2012 and the native App-V Management/Publishing Server, wouldn't it be better to use ConfigMgr only for deployment of both MSIs and App-V packages? This would simplify the architecture somewhat and perhaps get rid of the publishing issues.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

Monday, January 21, 2013 10:29 AM
  • I think I would have the same errors, remember the Powershell commands also gives me an error.

Besides that App-V 5 is only supported from SCCM SP1 and at the customersite I don't believe I can deploy SP1 at such a short notice. 

Monday, January 21, 2013 10:45 AM
  • I am lost; I still cannot find the application which causes this issue. Also there is no documentation yet regarding error messages for App-V 5, it is really hard find this if you don't have a lead.

I have installed an empty test server with App-V 5 client installed on it. Here everything it is working OK, but on all my Citrix servers the App-V 5 client crashes..

Thursday, January 24, 2013 9:02 AM
  • Hello,

Have you attempted to perform the sync operation as a local administrator?

Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:44 PM
  • Hi,

I think I found out what the troubling software is which causes these errors. I am using a third party profile solution software, I will call the supplier of the software to troubleshoot this..

• Proposed as answer by znack Friday, February 22, 2013 10:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by David WoltersModerator Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:26 PM
    Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:47 PM
  • Thanks for the tip Robbin.  I was also seeing the publishing refresh errors in Event Viewer - EventID: 19104, 19102, 19103.  Then when trying to run a manual get-appvpublishingserver | sync-appvpublishingserver I got the the AppV Error Code:  070000000B.  We recently turned on VMware View Persona Management for our virtual machine environment with the View 5.2 agent installed on some machines.  This appears to be what was keeping App-V packages from publishing to the clients.  After disabling Personal Management via group policy and deleting the local copy of the profile, the packages started publishing normally.
    Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:54 PM
  • Quick question - does this 3rd-party management software sync %LOCALAPPDATA%? If so, is there a way to exclude it. I know with Citrix's Profile Manager there is an .INI that allows for this.

“This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. User assumes all risks.”

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 2:41 PM

Hi, no it only sync folders that you assign as an admin.

But this was a problem that I had a long time ago. I was able to solve this by changing the sync times in the Profile management software. The Profile Management Software synced the %appdata%\Microsoft\AppV folder. I think there was a lock or some sort on this App-V folder. Now the Profile management tool will sync the files in this folder much later in the login proces and after this workaround the issue was gone.

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 1:38 PM