none
SSIS 2012 unable to fetch and write data from Oracle table with 5 million rows

Question

• HI,

I have got a package which reads data from Oracle Staging DB (Machine a) to Oracle Production DB (Machine B).

The package is unable to perform the operation when the table size is beyond 300,000 rows. It was able to load tables with lesser data. But the table with 5 million rows it consistently hangs (no error or exceptions) after reading 50,000 rows. I did change the parameters (cache, buffer, threads), but it is not successful. The max it read was 1.2 million.

SQL 2012, Windows 2012 is my environment. Oracle is on 11g on Linux.

Attunity is used for the connection.

I have tried changing to regular oledb still it failed.

I have changed the destination to a flat file still it failed. Not even writing a single record.

Monday, November 11, 2013 8:05 AM

All replies

• HI,

I have got a package which reads data from Oracle Staging DB (Machine a) to Oracle Production DB (Machine B).

The package is unable to perform the operation when the table size is beyond 300,000 rows. It was able to load tables with lesser data. But the table with 5 million rows it consistently hangs (no error or exceptions) after reading 50,000 rows. I did change the parameters (cache, buffer, threads), but it is not successful. The max it read was 1.2 million.

SQL 2012, Windows 2012 is my environment. Oracle is on 11g on Linux.

Attunity is used for the connection.

I have tried changing to regular oledb still it failed.

I have changed the destination to a flat file still it failed. Not even writing a single record.

Need some solution for this.

Monday, November 11, 2013 8:06 AM