UAG RemoteApp redirection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have: 1 x UAG, 1 x RD Server (RemoteApp), 1 x application server

Published the RemoteApp on the Remote App server, exported the config and imported it on UAG.

On RD Session Host we have disabled all the setting for Client Settings redirection: drive, windows printer, LPT port....Default to main client printer. We have also disable all these same settings on the RD Session Host on UAG.

We now connect to the RemoteApp via UAG...and the first problem (discussed in another post) is the SSL warning.

But the second problem is that the client can select: Drives, Ports, Clipboard and Printers in the details pane of the RemoteApp SSL Warning pop-up.

Why is this happening?

Regards.

PS. RD server is Windows 2008 R2, and I am connecting from WS08 R2

Monday, April 19, 2010 11:23 AM

Answers

• Unfortunetly, RemoteApp is more limited than the older RDP templates, which were based on RDC files that could be dynamically created and modified by the IAG server. In other words, there's nothing you can do about this.
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:43 PM
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:43 PM

All replies

• If you look at the endpoint policies for the published application you should see that the policies are defined for printers, clipboard and drive. I suspect if you change these to never then this behaviour will change.
    Monday, April 19, 2010 3:05 PM
  • Good point Darren - they're currently set to 'always' - but I will try your recommendation first thing tomorrow morning.

There's isnt a policy for 'Ports' though (not sitting in front of UAG right now)?

Thanks.

Monday, April 19, 2010 5:39 PM
  • I have set the Printers, Clipboard, Drive to "Never"....and the only thing that is still selectable is 'Ports'...

is there a way to remove this option too?

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 8:18 AM
  • Unfortunetly, RemoteApp is more limited than the older RDP templates, which were based on RDC files that could be dynamically created and modified by the IAG server. In other words, there's nothing you can do about this.
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:43 PM
    Wednesday, May 12, 2010 7:43 PM