Setup Panel missing Slider RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

I have one user who has ProClarity Web Professional with a weird issue I have never seen before. When they go to use the Setup panel the scroll bar on the right hand side that should let them scroll up and down to locate a member of a dimension is missing. I have tried uninstalling everything and reinstalling as well as upgrading IE to version 7.0. So far nothing has worked. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 4:59 PM

Answers

• Hi miTsirraH,

The user probably has their DPI settings to large so the scroll bar is not visible.  What the user will want to do to fix this is to go to the display properties>advanced, then set DPI to normal (96) and reboot.

Hope this helps,

Sean

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 5:08 PM
  • This issue was also resolved in a past ProClarity hot fix.  If you are using 6.3, upgrade your ProClarity Servers and clients to the latest versions here: http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/results.aspx?pocId=&freetext=proclarity%202214&DisplayLang=en

If you're using 6.2, it will be necessary to open a case with Microsoft Support so that we can get that hot fix to you, but you won't be charged for the case.

Thanks,

Bob

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 6:11 PM

All replies

• Hi miTsirraH,

The user probably has their DPI settings to large so the scroll bar is not visible.  What the user will want to do to fix this is to go to the display properties>advanced, then set DPI to normal (96) and reboot.

Hope this helps,

Sean

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 5:08 PM
  • This issue was also resolved in a past ProClarity hot fix.  If you are using 6.3, upgrade your ProClarity Servers and clients to the latest versions here: http://www.microsoft.com/Downloads/results.aspx?pocId=&freetext=proclarity%202214&DisplayLang=en

If you're using 6.2, it will be necessary to open a case with Microsoft Support so that we can get that hot fix to you, but you won't be charged for the case.

Thanks,

Bob

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 6:11 PM
  •  

That did the trick. I tried changing his appearance settings and logging into the laptop with a different profile thinking one of his settings was the cause (it was setup to make it easier to read), but I had never touched the DPI setting before so that hadn't occurred to me.

Bob - We are not on the latest version yet. I want to get a test machine and do the upgrade on it first because the last upgrade was problematic. Once we upgrade I will let the user know they can try switching that setting back.

Thanks

Wednesday, January 23, 2008 6:28 PM