locked
google provider in explorer 8 search bar RRS feed

  • Question

  • hi, i would like to have some info about this problem.
    in 3 installation of windows 7 (professional and ultimate) and one of windows server 2008R2 (italian version) the google provider in explorer search bar redirect my search result at google.com. (www.google.com/search?hl=en&q= )
    it's not normal. i think is a explorer bug in windows 7. it can't be a search provider bug because the same provider from the explorer 8 website works in vista or xp.
    can anyone let me know if in another language also occurred this issue?in case where i can inform microsoft about this?
    hope you understand and sorry for my english
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Tuesday, September 8, 2009 3:04 PM Moved to relevant category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 2:30 PM

Answers

All replies

  • i've solved with this link. http://www.ieaddons.com/it/createsearch.aspx but i think that is not normal.

    in first i thinked that was a bad installation of my RTM. but now i wrote form a 2008R2 server upgraded from 2008 with no problem. now the google provider redirect to the english google site.
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 2:42 PM
  • i make some research and i discovered that maybe is a provider search bug. because i readed that some people have the same issue in windows xp after upgrading to explorer 8.
    Tuesday, September 8, 2009 3:08 PM