gadgets RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to add gadgets all together with Windows 7.  After first installation the gadgets worked just fine, after changing the wall paper they disappeared and won't come back at all.  I have tried to set the wall paper to default but nothing happened.  Any suggestions or could this be a bug?

Thanks for your help! 
    Friday, January 16, 2009 2:56 AM

Answers

• if you turned off UAC the gadgets simply wont display,you have to turn it on again, its a bug i hope they fix, hope this helps
    Mexico City // My Pc: Dell XPS 410 - Pentium D @ 2.8ghz - 3gb DDR2 Ram - nvidia 8400Gs
    Friday, January 16, 2009 3:32 AM
  • Hi leoisright

In addition to the excellent advice from ChobyMX, if you have the Show Desktop Icons" disabled, this also disables the Gadgets component.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Friday, January 16, 2009 6:28 AM

All replies

• if you turned off UAC the gadgets simply wont display,you have to turn it on again, its a bug i hope they fix, hope this helps
    Mexico City // My Pc: Dell XPS 410 - Pentium D @ 2.8ghz - 3gb DDR2 Ram - nvidia 8400Gs
    Friday, January 16, 2009 3:32 AM
  • Hi leoisright

In addition to the excellent advice from ChobyMX, if you have the Show Desktop Icons" disabled, this also disables the Gadgets component.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Friday, January 16, 2009 6:28 AM
  • i have the same problem. UAC is on and show desktop icons is not disabled, yet when i try to add or open windows gadgets nothing happens.
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 5:43 PM