The Memory Could Not Be Read - 0x73288fe5 When Starting OSD Task Sequence - HELP! RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning!

Big Problem -  Using the same USB Boot Media and the same model of computer, I've already deployed 3-5 computers this morning.  I plugged in a new batch and booted them to the USB Media.  After picking the TS, it resolves the dependancies as usual, then before asking me to remove the media - throws an error message:

The instruction at 0x73288fe5 referenced memory at 0x00000008.  The memory could not be read.  Click OK to terminate the program.

I click OK and it reboots.  This happens on all PCs I try to image in the past 30 minutes.  Her's what I've tried so far:

-  Trying different TS - same error

-  Trying 5 different (new) computers - same error

-  Restarting primary SCCM & DP - same error

-  Used 3 different USB medias with same OSD boot image - same error

-  Cannot review logs because it hasn't even partitioned the HDD yet!

Right now, I'm going to try to recreate the OSD media from scratch and try again.  If you have any suggestions, please let me know - Thanks!

Ben K.
    Friday, September 9, 2011 4:19 PM

Answers

• Hey Niall - 

No - no USB 3.0 with that one.  I was able to fix it, though.  Earlier in the day I had injected drivers into the boot image and updated the DPs.  The boot image I was using was old, but had still worked this morning before getting that error.  Anyways, I just re-updated my DPs for my x86 boot image, verified that the log was clean, then re-created my media.

After that, it worked like a champ - Thanks! 

Ben K.
    • Marked as answer by Ben Kellermann Friday, September 9, 2011 8:55 PM
    Friday, September 9, 2011 8:55 PM

All replies

• are you trying with USB 3 ports or USB 3 media ? if so you'll need usb3 drivers in your winpe boot image

My step by step SCCM Guides
    I'm on Twitter > ncbrady
    Friday, September 9, 2011 4:39 PM
  • Hey Niall - 

No - no USB 3.0 with that one.  I was able to fix it, though.  Earlier in the day I had injected drivers into the boot image and updated the DPs.  The boot image I was using was old, but had still worked this morning before getting that error.  Anyways, I just re-updated my DPs for my x86 boot image, verified that the log was clean, then re-created my media.

After that, it worked like a champ - Thanks! 

Ben K.
    • Marked as answer by Ben Kellermann Friday, September 9, 2011 8:55 PM
    Friday, September 9, 2011 8:55 PM