Getting Data refresh error when connecting to SSAS Cube 2008 in MOSS 2007 excel services RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I setup a MOSS 2007 site and I activated Excel services. I created a document library that will house my Excel files and I also created a Data Connection Library (DCL) that houses the ODC file the excel will use to connect to a SSAS 2008 CUBE. I updated Trusted file location with the document library for excel, Trusted Connection Library with the DCL, and Trusted Provider with MSOLAP.4 Oledb for the SSAS 2008 in the Excel services setting in the Central administration SharedServices. 

When I try to refresh my Excel file in the browser or filter the data, I get the Data refresh error message. The Sharepoint database is 2005 and it resides on another server. I checked the data providers that are installed on the Sharepoint server (Front end), I could not find the MOLAP.4 provider (I don't know if this matters)

Please can someone help me.

Thanks in advance,

Femi

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 5:28 AM

All replies

• Hi Femi,

While retrieving data from Excel Service, the Excel Service will try to load the data provider from the server the Excel Service is running.

In this case, please make sure the MOLAP.4 provider is installed in the Excel Service server.

Thanks,
    Jinchun Chen

Jinchun Chen
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff AT microsoft.com(Please replace AT with @)
    Monday, August 1, 2011 1:16 PM