none
Cannot send email - The client operation failed. Error is [0x80004005-00000000-0x000501] RRS feed

• Question

• I received error when trying to send email thru Outlook 2003 on exchange 2007. The error as below:-

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: RE: XXX

Sent: YYY

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

XXX on YYY

This message could not be sent. Try sending the message again later, or contact your network administrator. The client operation failed. Error is [0x80004005-00000000-0x000501].

I tried searching thru internet but still not found the solution. Also tried to disable exchange cache mode and recreate new profile in Outlook 2003 but it did'nt works. Anybody can help me?

carckermania
    Monday, September 27, 2010 5:54 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you get this message look to see if this is a reply to a message that fails. If so try sending a NEW message instead and type the persons e-mail address in manually. I usually find this is caused by an Incorrect e-mail address however if this was from a new message you may want to try like the message says "Try sending the message again later". When this happens from a new message its usually some network related issue or permissions related issue. Also again be sure to note if this is a reply or new message.

Just one bad name in the list causes the entire e-mail list to fail. If I recall correctly its usually the external e-mail address in the list if its sent to a number of people both internally and externally.

0x80004005-00000000-0x000501

Hope it helps.
    Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:29 AM
  • Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for your advise. However, I need to find the root cause of this problem. May I know is there any link to find the error code above? or do you know how to find the error code from Microsoft site?

carckermania
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 8:38 AM
  • Extra note to this answer that I had to find out myself YEARS ago.....

search for special characters like ç ('+c),  á ('+a), ö ("+o) and so on..

often a email address you want to reply on can contain such a character.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 12:34 PM
  • Hi I received the same error message. I am trying to find the email. I spend nearly an hour drafting this email and now i do not have a copy of it in my send or draft folder. The previous emails i send out went out ok. Where can i look for a copy of this typed email. I need to recover this email urgently

regards

Jonathan

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 11:33 PM
  • I had the same error,

but I was accepting a meeting so the e-mail was correct.

I found a solution at

https://anandthearchitect.com/2009/07/08/the-client-operation-failed-error-is-0x80004005-0x0004b9-0x000501-tip-you-moved-some-mailboxes-lately/

the issue looks to be where a mailbox has been moved

Alun Davies

Monday, November 14, 2016 1:37 PM