none
Select all list items not working in Firefox

Question

• Hi all,

selecting all list items by clicking on the header of the first column (the column where i can select an item) seems not to work in Firefox.
    In Internet Explorer, Edge or Chrome it works fine.

Is this a know bug or is there any workaorund?

I only see this issue in Sharepoint Online, in Sharepoint 2016 On-Premise selecting all items works fine in any browser.

Thanks a lot
    Marco

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 10:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Marco,

I can select all items in a SharePoint Online list/library using “Select All” option in Firefox. I cannot reproduce your issue.

For this issue, please add “?contents=1” to the end of URL to open Web Part Page Maintenance page, remove the web parts which contain the script from the page, see if the issue is resolved.

Meanwhile, check the add-ons installed in Firefox. Disable add-ons and compare the results.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 9:46 AM
  • Hi Linda,

thank you for your answer.

The issue also appears on the "AllItems.aspx" view page of the list. No other webparts are on this page, I have checked it by adding "?contents=1" to the URL. Only the XsltListViewWebPart is listed there.

Disabling all Firefox add-ons didn't change the behavior. A full Firefox reset (the cleanup function in the firefox help menu) also doesn't help. I have tested it on three different PC's in different networks, also no difference.

The issue only appears when the view style is set to "Standard". When I switch it e.g. to "Shaded" selecting all items works fine, but we would like to use the "Standard" style.
    I have read in other forums that it is not recommended to use the old list styles anymore?! Apart from that, the "Standard" style looks better.

Best regards
    Marco

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 12:50 PM
  • Hi Marco,

I cannot find the “Standard” style. Did you mean the Standard view with default style?

Does this issue occur on all lists and libraries in your site?

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, May 8, 2017 4:25 AM
  • Hi Linda,

yes sorry, I have meant default style (It is shown as "Standard" in the german user interface).
    Yes it occurs on all Lists and Libraries, even on newly created site collections and lists.

Best regards
    Marco

Monday, May 8, 2017 9:53 AM
  • Hi Marco,

What’s the version of your Firefox?

Have you tried installing updates for Firefox?

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 1:38 AM
  • Hi Linda,

I have tested it in Firefox 53.0.2. There are no updates available for it.

I have also tested it on another machine with Firefox 52.0.1 ESR (Extended Support Release), there the issue also occurs.

Best regards
    Marco

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 2:38 PM