none
DPM offsite agent error on new clusternode RRS feed

• Question

• I have a windows 2008R2 cluster with 3 nodes.

For backup we use dpm 2007 onsite and a offsite dpm 2007 server.

This is working good.

But I installed a new cluster node. I installed te dpm agent on the cluster node manualy. The onsite DPM can now backup the node without problem.

The offsite DPM server cannot see the new node. I got the following error on the offsite dpm server

A protection agent is not installed on W2008ND4.dc-mngt.local in DC-CUSTER02.dc-mngt.local server cluster. Protection may fail if a failover occurs to W2008ND4.dc-mngt.local. (ID 369)

When I go to the managment page. select the onsite dpm server and then select modify "Proteced computers enabled for protection" I get al list with the nodes that are protected but the new node is not listed.

I already spent a few hours to find a solution.

Thanks

Peter van der veen

Netherlands

• Moved by Praveen D [MSFT] Monday, July 26, 2010 10:58 AM Moving to DPM Setup Forum (From:Data Protection Manager)
    Friday, June 18, 2010 2:16 PM

Answers

• Hi, As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered". Either the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios and will be marked as answer, or this post will be marked as answer in order to close the thread. Feel free to re-open the thread if you have additional information about this specific case or to open a new thread for a new case. In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks,

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 + 2012 Recipient

Sunday, November 11, 2012 10:00 AM

All replies

• I tried something else

I could not remove the agent from w2008nd4 with the manager because it was part of the protection group.

I went to the clustermanager and removed w2008nd4 from the cluster service with evict.

Restarted DPM server.

Now i could uninstall the agent from w2008nd4. After a restart I installed the agent again from the dpm manager without problem.

I restarted the w2008nd4 and the DPM onsite server. Everything works onsite.

So I went to the offsite dpm server.

I restarted the dpm offsite server. But I stil cannot see the w2008nd4 as a protected computer from the DPM onstie server?

So also with a agent installation from the dpm manager i have still the same problem.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010 12:44 PM
  • Hi, As this thread has been quiet for a while, we assume that the issue has been resolved. At this time, we will mark it as "Answered". Either the previous steps should be helpful for many similar scenarios and will be marked as answer, or this post will be marked as answer in order to close the thread. Feel free to re-open the thread if you have additional information about this specific case or to open a new thread for a new case. In addition, we’d love to hear your feedback about the solution. By sharing your experience you can help other community members facing similar problems. Thanks,

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 + 2012 Recipient

Sunday, November 11, 2012 10:00 AM