CscService which part of Offline Files is using extraordinary amounts of memory how do i cut this down RRS feed

• Question

• CscService which is launched by svchost.exe and which part of Offline Files is using extraordinary amounts of memory how do i cut this down
    Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:19 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I agree with Andre.Ziegler , we need detailed information about this issue.

I also would like to share the following with you:

Some malware camouflages itself as cscservice.exe, particularly when located in the c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder, and take up the memory of your PC. Therefore, you should check the cscservice.exe process on your PC to see if it is a threat. I suggest you  perform a security scan for verifying your computer's security.

The offline files (CscService) service keeps files synced with between computers across a network. If you want to disable the service.

Please open a command prompt. (Run a command prompt as Administrator)
    Type following commands:

sc stop CscService                         

(This disable offline files feature for the current session)
    sc config CscService start= disabled                     

(This disable it permanently)

You can also disable the offline files in “Sync center” in Control Panel, click on “Manage offline files” in the “General” tab, click “Disable offline files”.

Regards,

Yolanda

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Sunday, October 6, 2013 7:11 AM
    Friday, September 20, 2013 10:30 AM

All replies

• How much is "extraordinary amounts of memory" in MB?

Can you post a screnshot of ProcessExplorer and VMMap?

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/dd535533.aspx

"A programmer is just a tool which converts caffeine into code"

Thursday, September 19, 2013 7:16 PM
  • Hi,

I agree with Andre.Ziegler , we need detailed information about this issue.

I also would like to share the following with you:

Some malware camouflages itself as cscservice.exe, particularly when located in the c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder, and take up the memory of your PC. Therefore, you should check the cscservice.exe process on your PC to see if it is a threat. I suggest you  perform a security scan for verifying your computer's security.

The offline files (CscService) service keeps files synced with between computers across a network. If you want to disable the service.

Type following commands:

sc stop CscService                         

You can also disable the offline files in “Sync center” in Control Panel, click on “Manage offline files” in the “General” tab, click “Disable offline files”.

Regards,

Yolanda

• Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Sunday, October 6, 2013 7:11 AM
    Friday, September 20, 2013 10:30 AM
  • I Agree!

Here is what I Did to Reduce Memory Usage & 
    Help with Malware & Spyware!

Some malware hides itself as cscservice.exe, particularly when located in the c:\windows or c:\windows\system32 folder, & take up the memory of your PC. You should check the cscservice.exe process on your PC to see if it is a threat. I suggest you  perform a security scan with your Security Software, or Microsoft Security for verifying your computer's security.

Type following commands:

sc stop CscService                         

You can also disable the offline files. Open Control Panel, in Control Panel, click on Search in Upper Right-hand corner, Type Sync Center, Open Manage offline files, click Disable offline files

This works for ALL Newer Versions of Windows Also!

Good Luck,

Jerry

Thursday, April 27, 2017 5:02 PM