none
Some servers not appearing under Primary DPM Protected Servers on secondary DPM server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have 2 DPM servers (DPM1 and DPM2) and am currently protecting the protected servers on the Primary (DPM 1) server on the secondary one (DPM 2).  There are 5 nodes of a HyperV CSV cluster which are the physical servers that are being protected by DPM 2.

When I try to protect them on DPM 2 under the DPM 1 tab, only 1 appears - the other 4 do not.

The 4 that do not appear, strangely enough, are 4 that appear under the agents tab on both servers, so I'm not sure if this is part of the issue.  I have been unable to uninstall the agent from the secondary server as the primary is currently protecting the virtual servers on the nodes.

Any suggestions would be most welcome,

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 5:03 PM

Answers

• This is now resolved....  I had to unprotect the datasources that were being protected by the servers from the secondary DPM server backup of the primary server, then uninstall the agents from the secondary server, reinstall manually on each server and point them back to the primary server using the SetDPMServer cmd.

The servers then vanished from the secondary server's agent list.

• Marked as answer by chris624 Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:14 PM
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:14 PM