UAG Advanced Policy Editor - How to restrict users from seeing Windows 7 64 Bit? RRS feed

• Question

• I would like our users to see Windows XP, Vista and 7 32 bit options only.  I want to restrict them from seeing Windows 7 64 bit.  I went to the Advanced Policy Editor for Windows and modified the script as follows:

(  (  (  ( System_OS_WinVistaHome )  ) OR  (  ( System_OS_Win764bit )  ) OR  (  ( System_OS_WinXPHome )  AND  ( System_OS_WinNTServicePackVersion >=1 )  ) OR  (  ( System_OS_WinVistaPro )  ) OR  (  ( System_OS_WinXPPro )  AND  ( System_OS_WinNTServicePackVersion >=1 )  ) OR  (  ( System_OS_Win7Home )  ) NOT  (  ( System_OS_Win764bit )  )  )  )

However, I have 2 problems. First, I'm not sure if I'm using the NOT operand correctly, and secondly, I can't tell if the format is correct.  I keep getting a Syntax error. 

I looked at the Forefront Unified Access Gateway Configuring Forefront AUG platform specific policies page (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd861425.aspx) and it only mentions the AND OR and NOT operands but does not give examples how to use them.  Strangely enough, it seems by default you would not have to use the NOT operand, that the item, if not selected would not be displayed.  However, we are having the 64 bit option displayed on our 32 bit users page so I'm trying to force it to NOT appear. 

Please help... Thanks

• Moved by Nick Gu - MSFT Thursday, November 25, 2010 7:26 AM (From:Forefront Management Consoles)
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 1:02 PM

Answers

All replies