Lync 2010 Response Groups Problem RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a hunt group with the tool that loads at "internalweb.domain.com/rgsconfig

I keep getting this error when I go to deploy it:

"The Response Group could not be deployed due to an unexpected error. Verify that the SIP address and the telephone number of the workflow are unique."

What we are trying to do is set up a hunt group for Sales. So what we are looking for is a caller to call, connect to the Auto attendant which plays a greeting, the first option of the greeting will be "for Sales dial extension 10", and when they press 10 they will connect to the hunt group. If no agents answer, it goes to a voicemail for sales.

I am putting the telephone number like this in the box: "+15556667777;ext=10" which is the extension I gave to the Sales account in AD and Lync. I've also tried a few other formats like the AD one of "+15556667777 x10" Does it want a unique phone number? Like I wont be able to have it connect off an extension or is there a way I can do this?

Friday, September 14, 2012 7:59 PM

Answers

• Is it correct to assume that +15556667777 is the number of the AutoAttendant? If so you are taking the right approach and the RG can accept the number in the format you show (+15556667777;ext=10) so the error message is probably correct. Given your description I am guessing you have used this on the Sales account in AD and you can't do this because then obviously the RG number is not unique. You probably want to assign a different number to the Sales account in AD so you can configure the RG with "public" extension.
    • Proposed as answer by ALANMAD Saturday, September 15, 2012 2:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by SamE1 Monday, September 17, 2012 3:40 PM
    Friday, September 14, 2012 9:23 PM

All replies

• Is it correct to assume that +15556667777 is the number of the AutoAttendant? If so you are taking the right approach and the RG can accept the number in the format you show (+15556667777;ext=10) so the error message is probably correct. Given your description I am guessing you have used this on the Sales account in AD and you can't do this because then obviously the RG number is not unique. You probably want to assign a different number to the Sales account in AD so you can configure the RG with "public" extension.
    • Proposed as answer by ALANMAD Saturday, September 15, 2012 2:21 PM
    • Marked as answer by SamE1 Monday, September 17, 2012 3:40 PM
    Friday, September 14, 2012 9:23 PM
  • It could be the sip address.  When you said that you are trying to setup a group for Sales, do you set sip for the group as sales@domain.com? Do you have this group already?

Thank you.

Saturday, September 15, 2012 9:39 PM
  • Thanks! I only need 1 account in Lync, got it figured out!
    Monday, September 17, 2012 3:40 PM