How to view and manage clients using FCS Management Console? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to list my "managed computers" in Forefront Client Security Management Console? When I go to dashboard it just shows 2 managed computers but I do not see the list. I know I can pull a report to see which ones but I just want to see if it's possible to see the physical clients and do some remote management such as doing a scan. I know I can use scan now feature to scall all computers or browse to a specific computer.
    Thanks
    Dula.
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 10:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You could see your managed computers from Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 --> Administrator Console, in the same server where the FCS console is installed.

Open MOM Admin Console, expand all, in the left panel--> Administration-->Computers-->Agent-Managed-Computers.

There you will see all the machines with the MOM agent for Forefront installed.

And also there is a way to install these consoles in your box with XP to avoid entering the server.

I hope this helps you.

Regards.
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 3:15 PM
  • Why didn't MS include the ability to easily be able to pull reports containing all managed computer names from FCS dashboard?  Seems like it would have been fairly simple to add and very useful in a smaller network.  I don't know who would just want to see the pie charts and not be able to see a breakdown of all the computer names that make up all sections of the pie chart like MS has done in WSUS when you run a report.  I suppose in a larger network the report would take much longer to generate, but I would think it would at least be optional.
    Tuesday, October 5, 2010 4:05 PM