none
ADSI Address Book Question RRS feed

• Question

• I set up an Exchange 2010 server and the event viewer keeps cranking these errors out.  Using ADSI edit on a domain controller I can find the object in question - configuration-services-Microsoft Exchange-Company Name-Address List Container-Offline Address Lists-Default Offline Address List

I'm not sure how to redirect the Default Offline Address List from pointing to the Deleted Objects container.  Suggestions?

Process w3wp.exe () (PID=8228). Object [CN=Default Offline Address List,CN=Offline Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=Company Name,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=company,DC=com]. Property [PublicFolderDatabase] is set to value [company.com/Configuration/Deleted Objects/Public Folder Store (EXCHANGE)

DEL:27073923-1cb7-496a-8928-66da9da7c599], it is pointing to the Deleted Objects container in Active Directory. This property should be fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012 10:27 PM

Answers

• Thanks Martina.  I noticed that there were a couple other address books listed in the same container pointing to the Exchange 2007 server.  I copied the "siteFolderServer" attribute from one of them (they were both pointing to the exact same place) and pasted it in the Default Offline Address List siteFolderServer attribute, which was indeed pointing to our old Exchange 2003 server.  After I made the change the error went away in the event viewer.

I'll give your command a try, but we do indeed still have some Outlook 2003 clients on our system.  The webdistribution method is something I had not known of until now, but I'll look into that for troubleshooting the address book updating.

Thanks again.

• Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Tuesday, February 7, 2012 3:31 AM
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    Have you tried disable the Public Folder Distribution?
    Set-OfflineAddressBook Default* -PublicFolderDistributionEnabled $False

If you only have Outlook 2007/2010 Clients, you don't need to have it enabled (they should use webdistribution) but if you Outlook 2003 Clients, you do.

If you have a Public Folder Database in your enviroment and old Clients, run the above command and then turn PF Distribution on again (change $False to $True).

Martina Miskovic
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 6:49 AM
  • Thanks Martina.  I noticed that there were a couple other address books listed in the same container pointing to the Exchange 2007 server.  I copied the "siteFolderServer" attribute from one of them (they were both pointing to the exact same place) and pasted it in the Default Offline Address List siteFolderServer attribute, which was indeed pointing to our old Exchange 2003 server.  After I made the change the error went away in the event viewer.

I'll give your command a try, but we do indeed still have some Outlook 2003 clients on our system.  The webdistribution method is something I had not known of until now, but I'll look into that for troubleshooting the address book updating.

Thanks again.

• Marked as answer by emma.yoyo Tuesday, February 7, 2012 3:31 AM
    Thursday, February 2, 2012 1:54 PM