Error after modifying the SMPortalPage.master RRS feed

• Question

• After removing the "search this site" in the SMPortalPage.master

all settings page cannot be accessed.

following is the error when i try to fallback to original file of SMPortalPage.master.

Please advise if you have any idea of the error or the method to fallback the file.

Great Thanks!!

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 3:23 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Based on my knowledge, there are only two ways, one is modify it by sharepoint designer, another is download it to local and then edit it and upload it to apply to your site.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Yan Li_ Wednesday, January 6, 2016 7:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by bo kin Tuesday, August 22, 2017 1:07 AM
    Thursday, December 31, 2015 6:09 AM

All replies

• finally i install sharepoint designer on the web server to fallback the file and it works.

still want to know if there is any other way to edit SMPortalPage.master except the followings,

1. download and upload the page from self service portal

2. edit by sharepoint designer

Any idea of the location of SMPortalPage.master in web server.

Thanks

Thursday, December 31, 2015 1:21 AM
  • Hello,

Based on my knowledge, there are only two ways, one is modify it by sharepoint designer, another is download it to local and then edit it and upload it to apply to your site.

Regards,

Yan Li

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by bo kin Tuesday, August 22, 2017 1:07 AM
    Thursday, December 31, 2015 6:09 AM
  • Dear Bo Kin

I understand that you are working on the first version of the Microsoft portal for SCSM 2012. Just wanted to make sure that you are aware of a new version of the portal that is available. This new version is not based on SharePoint:

For your information:

New HTML 5 portal

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 1:27 PM