Error while Install or update RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I getting error while Install or UpdateLync server system. Under that Setup or Remove server components.

First i got this error : Command execution failed : Alter failed for database 'rtcdyn'

After that system rebooted this error i am getting.

Error: Database rtc could not be updated because it requires major upgrade from version 0 to version 125. Due to schema changes this database cannot be re-used. It must be dropped and a new one created. To preserve data, you must use this product's backup/export restore/import solution. Examine the product documentation for instructions.

We have installed SQL 2012 Express edition on separate machine because we want to install the Archiving server also. 

Can you help me on this..

Please “Vote As Helpful” and/or “Mark As Answer” if this post helped you.

Monday, March 25, 2013 8:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Fresh Installation done the trick no my 2013 is up and running. 

• Marked as answer by Raju_raju Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:47 AM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:46 AM

All replies

• Hi!

Try to install the latest updates for the product Sql 2012 and Lync 2013 CU1

Thanks

Monday, March 25, 2013 1:07 PM
  • Hi,

Does the issue happen when installing Archiving server role?

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express and Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Express are not supported for Archiving. Here is technical requirements for Archiving:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj205059.aspx

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 2:13 AM
  • You might need to remove all the Lync Server components as well as the CSdata folder that includes the Rtc database files.  I ran into this a few months ago and I seem to remember that I was running an install from a remote desktop session and the session was disconnected and I noticed after I reconnected the installer re-attempted to run step 2.  The error started right after that.  All Lync components needed to be removed including SQL express.  Once I removed everything the install succeeded.  Hope this helps.

Chad McGreanor Lync Server 2010 MCM https://cmcgreanor.wordpress.net

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 3:09 AM
  • Hi,

Fresh Installation done the trick no my 2013 is up and running. 

• Marked as answer by Raju_raju Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:47 AM
    Wednesday, March 27, 2013 7:46 AM