none
Hyper V problem with installing and launching on Windows 10 1709 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have inspiron 8gb ram running on Intel Pentium N3530, OS Windows 10 Pro 1703

Before 1709 update, Windows 1703 was running fine, I can activate, install, run Hyper V and was well happy

using it, without any problem.

But to make pc safer I thought it was better to update.

I've downloaded 1709 ISO from Microsoft.com to do clean install on the pc.

After fresh installing into 1709, tried to activate the Hyper V like normal, through "Turn Windows  Features On or Off"

It installed and restarted but gets stuck at Windows Logo then goes into updating mode with percentage ring rolling and tries to restart twice, by itself then it goes into "Preparing Automatic Repair" mode after that into "Diagnosing PC"

Then  Automatic Repair bluescreen appears and ask for Restart or Advance Options. I've tried all options from system restore to reset pc

I've even also tried this with or without drivers installed or after automatic update was completed.

Also with and without secure boot.

The known cause of this restart problem is definite, it happens whenever I've activated the Hyper V.

It will go into restart loop and can't access Windows until I either reset or reinstalled the pc. System restore wont work.

Do you have a patch update for this? Why is Hyper V working on 1703 but not in 1709?

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 8:41 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I enable Hyper-V feature on my 1709 computer, running fine, it should not be a known problem.

I suspect compatibility issue or firmware issue.

Note these points:

1. Ensure that hardware virtualization support is turned on in the BIOS settings
    2. Configure networking for the Hyper-V environment to support external network connections. Also ensure that a virtual switch has been created and is functional
    3. Remove all security software and AV
    4. System and drivers are up to date

Also, try to use PowerShell command-line to enable Hyper-V.

Install-WindowsFeature –Name Hyper-V -ComputerName <computer_name> -IncludeManagementTools -Restart 

Good luck

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 19, 2017 2:30 AM
  •  It seems strange to me too. I have been running Hyper-V on the Insiders pre-release version of 1709 for a couple of weeks with no problems. I would also suspect it is a local hardware problem.

Bill

Thursday, October 19, 2017 4:48 AM
  •  It seems strange to me too. I have been running Hyper-V on the Insiders pre-release version of 1709 for a couple of weeks with no problems. I would also suspect it is a local hardware problem.

Bill

I was running Hyper-V fine before updating to 1709, now I can't start a VM in Hyper-V manager.

'VM Name' failed to start worker process: %%3228369022 (0xC06D007E). (Virtual machine ID <number>)

That's the error message I get.  

Thursday, October 19, 2017 7:38 PM

Bill

I was running Hyper-V fine before updating to 1709, now I can't start a VM in Hyper-V manager.

'VM Name' failed to start worker process: %%3228369022 (0xC06D007E). (Virtual machine ID <number>)

Exactly the same problem here.

Reinstall of HyperV has no effect. Building new vm has no effect.

Friday, October 20, 2017 6:55 AM

Bill

Same issue for me using Docker. it worked before updating to 1709.
    Friday, October 20, 2017 11:46 AM
  • Thanks for the answer

Powershell command:

Install-WindowsFeature –Name Hyper-V -ComputerName <computer_name> -IncludeManagementTools -Restart 

is not recognized

so tried 

Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName:Microsoft-Hyper-V -All

it worked

Friday, October 20, 2017 2:10 PM
  • It installed the Hyper V through this script but it still wont restart
    Friday, October 20, 2017 2:11 PM
  • Same spec, with all updated firmwares

I had used 1703 fresh install on the Inspiron, and it does not give me this issue when activating the Hyper V. Hyper V works well in 1703. Flawless.

Even without drivers installed and using only base drivers from 1703, Hyper V got installed properly and running.

Took the upgrade approach 1703 to 1709, with hyper v activated in 1703, took 1 hour to install

It restarted 4 times from windows logo without going through into the login interface, (2 was for the installing of hyper v, 2 for being stuck), then went into the "Restoring Previous Version of Windows" by itself.

Then it gave out this message

0xC1900101 - 0x40017

Tried again, this time in 1703 without Hyper V activated and upgraded to 1709, went through the upgrade 40 min plus, restarted promptly and normally, and able to use windows 1709 like normal.

But by activating the Hyper V again, in 1709..it went back to the same problem again

I ended up not being able to use my windows anymore unless I reset the PC or reinstall.

I think 1709 is still unfinished product with bugs. I cant work anymore if MICROSOFT forces people to update to this update in the background without proper fix.

This is not a laughing matter.

PLEASE FIX IT !!!!

Friday, October 20, 2017 2:34 PM
  • At the risk of a "me too" post...me, too. Docker for Windows on Hyper-V has been working fine for me until I upgraded to 1709 on Wednesday and now it will only work properly when I'm on the exact same network on which I installed it. The core issue seems to be with Hyper-V and not Docker itself, as I'm unable to connect to the local Hyper-V instance via Hyper-V Manager even with Docker uninstalled unless I'm on that specific network. This is preventing me from working effectively from anywhere but the work network, and given that I work from home several days a week, it's going to be a big issue.

I've also posted details to the Docker for Windows Git issue tracker here:

https://github.com/docker/for-win/issues/1221

and as you can see, others are having variations on the same problem. I've tried to work with Microsoft support on this issue but they've been unable to figure out anything. Even rolling back to the previous state via System Restore didn't resolve the issue.

I'm seeing quite a few other issues with 1709 including BSODs and failure to wake from suspend, but this is the big one that's damaging my productivity right now. My guess is that I'm going to have to do a full reinstall on both of my Surface Pros which completely sucks. Hopefully a fix will be issued soon.

Friday, October 20, 2017 2:56 PM

Bill

Same issue for me using Docker. it worked before updating to 1709.

I am having this exact issue since installing Creators Fall. Hyper-V on my main PC worked always without any issue up until this update. Tried all the usual. Powershell, disabling/re-enabling feature, trying to re-create the VM, etc.

Anyone have an idea yet?

Monday, October 23, 2017 2:29 PM
  • I have the same issue as well this morning, had a PC running Windows 10 Pro 1703 with a Linux Hyper-V guest machine without issues until overnight it updated to 1709.

Now I receive the same error as Topher2300. I've rolled back from within Windows settings to 1703 and the guest machine started without any issues and has been stable since this morning.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 2:32 PM
  • 0xC06D007E

PS>net helpmsg (0x7E)

The specified module could not be found.

More specifically perhaps

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15581142/why-is-this-process-crashing-as-soon-as-it-is-launched 

(Google search for
        facility code 0x6D error
    )

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 5:59 PM
  • What processor does the computer have and what model is the computer?

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 2:29 AM
  • Hi,

Could you please help us collect related log by running the following PowerShell commands.

Get-EventLog -LogName SYSTEM -Source Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-Hypervisor

Get-WinEvent -LogName Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-Hypervisor-Operational

Get-EventLog -LogName SYSTEM -Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Boot

msinfo32 /report msinfo32.report

Once our engineers get progress I will post back.

Thanks for your cooperating.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 7:55 AM
  • I have the same issue as others where since upgrading to Windows 10 1709 yesterday I am no longer able to start any of my virtual machines. The Error I am getting is:

Start-VM : 'TEST' failed to start. (Virtual machine ID 4E36D357-3D29-402D-A071-E728AD7A5AC5)
    'TEST' failed to start worker process: %%3228369022 (0xC06D007E). (Virtual machine ID
    4E36D357-3D29-402D-A071-E728AD7A5AC5)
    At line:1 char:1
    + Start-VM Test
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Start-VM], VirtualizationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : OperationFailed,Microsoft.HyperV.PowerShell.Commands.StartVM

I have tried doing the following:

1. Uninstalled Hyper-V role, reinstalled Hyper-V role

2. Deleted and re-created new VM using brand new config files and VHDX

3. Disabled AV

Within the event Viewer logs I am seeing the following crashes happening:

SYSTEM LOG:

The Hyper-V Host Compute Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 11 time(s).

APP LOG:

Faulting application name: vmcompute.exe, version: 10.0.16299.15, time stamp: 0x1a906fe6
    Faulting module name: vmcompute.exe, version: 10.0.16299.15, time stamp: 0x1a906fe6
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000000474b
    Faulting process id: 0x3d78
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d34d80559647e6
    Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\vmcompute.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\vmcompute.exe
    Report Id: 0ec19ef4-d52a-4135-ae72-5cba92ec909f
    Faulting package full name: 
    Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
    P1: vmcompute.exe
    P2: 10.0.16299.15
    P3: 1a906fe6
    P4: vmcompute.exe
    P5: 10.0.16299.15
    P6: 1a906fe6
    P7: c0000005
    P8: 000000000000474b
    P9: 
    P10: 

Attached files:
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER98A7.tmp.mdmp
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9974.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9981.tmp.csv
    \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER99C1.tmp.txt
    \\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WER99C3.tmp.appcompat.txt
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_vmcompute.exe_101d36662442e0c1debf6dea58c1dd187cc5_51a43a19_cab_332099df\memory.hdmp

These files may be available here:
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_vmcompute.exe_101d36662442e0c1debf6dea58c1dd187cc5_51a43a19_cab_332099df

Analysis symbol: 
    Rechecking for solution: 0
    Report Id: 0ec19ef4-d52a-4135-ae72-5cba92ec909f
    Report Status: 4
    Hashed bucket: 

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 11:30 AM
  • Hi

Same problem here after installing 1079 feature update:

Hyper-V was installed before the upgrade and the virtual PC worked fine, after the feature update it no longer starts.  Creating a new VM gives the same error.  Tried uninstalling the Hyper-V feature and reinstalling it with no success and tried SFC /scannow but still the same. Eventlog shows:

Faulting application name: vmcompute.exe, version: 10.0.16299.15, time stamp: 0x1a906fe6
    Faulting module name: vmcompute.exe, version: 10.0.16299.15, time stamp: 0x1a906fe6
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000000474b
    Faulting process id: 0x1d40
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d34dc96971d5bf
    Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\vmcompute.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\vmcompute.exe
    Report Id: e91604d2-2d1b-48c8-b353-f62df4522609
    Faulting package full name: 

The issue seems to be with the upgrade.

D

• Edited by GrimD Wednesday, October 25, 2017 8:15 PM
    Wednesday, October 25, 2017 8:14 PM
  • Looks like I am getting the same issue. Same scenario.

Running Hyper-V no issues, updated to 1709 and now receiving the errors mentioned in this thread.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 9:03 PM
  • P7: c0000005

That would remind me of a permissions problem.  Try using ProcMon to check on that tack.  Then not a "missing file", just that the program reporting that implication using the code it gave was not able to access one (whatever it is).

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, October 25, 2017 10:14 PM
  • I checked a ProcMon but dont see anything that could be causing this issue. Everything is showing as "SUCCESS" before the thread exits and crashes. 

Any ideas anyone? Seems like a lot of us are having issues by just upgrading and was working before so must be something common..

Thursday, October 26, 2017 7:49 AM
  • Just a me too.  Installing the 1709 update left me unable to contact any Hyper-V server - "Could not establish communication".  Reverting to 1703 fixed it.
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 1:15 PM
  • Thanks. I might just revert as well because at the moment I cannot use any virtual machines which is more of an issue for me. 
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 1:44 PM
  • It says that if I revert I will loose apps and things after upgrade. Did you see any loss of data? 
    Thursday, October 26, 2017 1:48 PM
  • I checked a ProcMon but dont see anything that could be causing this issue.

That's unfortunate but at least you have the rest of the log to use to test other hypotheses with.   For example, can you find out what that Exception code:  0xC0000005  really was?  Then you could turn off all filters and find out what led to it.  Alternatively, just to hunt for more diagnostics try filtering with Operation Is WriteFile then use the Count Occurrences tool on the Path field that that subset produced.  Etc.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, October 26, 2017 4:47 PM
  • Same issue upgraded to 1709 now not able to use hyper-v ..Please fix need this ASAP

Saturday, October 28, 2017 10:07 PM
  • Same, here. Procmon wont execute, it instantly closes after starting. No special eventlogs...

I can reproduce the error with a complete new VM with new vhdx.

Reverted to 1703 but i want to know how wo fix this.

Sunday, October 29, 2017 3:04 PM
  • Same issue here! Just upgraded from 1703 to 1709. I can't start my Hyper-V machine to build and capture Windows 10 1709 Image with MDT. Great. I really hope Microsoft will fix this soon!

Dietmar

Monday, October 30, 2017 1:18 PM
  • If I was you I would revert back to 1703 at the moment. I know it sucks, but seems like this is an issue Microsoft are going to have to fix and might take some time. I am going to revert mine back to 1703 today so I can use Hyper-V again. :-(
    Monday, October 30, 2017 2:16 PM
  • My issue sounds the same.

I use Windows 10 Education Edition on a Lenovo B50-30 Touch with an Intel Pentium N3530, 8 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD. I had trouble installing the Fall Creator's update a few days ago and ultimately, I backed up my files and reset my PC. During this process, the Fall Creator’s update was installed.

I use Hyper-V for study and this feature was not turned on during the update process. I turned Hyper-V back on and after the resulting install and reboot, my computer went into a repair loop. It would never completely restart or repair itself. I was unable to use a restore point so I reset the computer a second time. I tried to turn on Hyper-V a second time and got into the same repair loop. This time, I went into UEFI and turned off virtualization. After exiting, the computer started normally. After experimenting a little with this, the bottom line is that I can only have virtualization in UEFI turned on if the Hyper-V feature is turned off. If Hyper-V is turned on the computer will not not boot unless virtualization is turned off in UEFI, rendering Hyper-V useless. I can create switches and machines, but I can't start them. I got an error message similar to the one posted by GrimD. I decided to do a clean install but got the same results. Occasionally, I would get a blue screen that read,

If you call a support person, give them this info: STOP CODE: IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Monday, October 30, 2017 3:38 PM
  • Hey,

I had the same problem and on a whim, I uninstalled and reinstalled Sophos, my antivirus, since it previously caused some issues with the Anniversary update.  After I completely removed it and reinstalled, the problem went away.

• Proposed as answer by Gabriel Sadaka Tuesday, October 31, 2017 4:51 AM
    Monday, October 30, 2017 4:29 PM
  • Uninstalling Sophos fixed the issue on our system
    • Proposed as answer by HKLM_ Sunday, November 5, 2017 5:43 PM
    Tuesday, October 31, 2017 4:50 AM
  • Some user mentioned that it might be a Windows Firewall issue. Tick Windows Management Instrumentation to enable it for Domain, Private or Public as required and Hyper-V Manager works again.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 7:56 AM
  • I reverted from 1709 to 1703 and now my VM is working again in Hyper-V

I do have Sophos AV installed but this works fine on 1703... 

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 10:38 AM
  • Thanks Teemo Tang, opening the WMI port fixed it for me.
    Wednesday, November 1, 2017 9:17 AM
  • Nope, neither disabling Sophos nor opening the WMI ports fixed it. Still error with worker process.
    Thursday, November 2, 2017 10:57 AM
  • I can confirm that removing Sophos has resolved the Hyper-V issue for me.

I tried adding exceptions beforehand but that did not work.

Thursday, November 2, 2017 1:23 PM
  • Nope, neither disabling Sophos nor opening the WMI ports fixed it. Still error with worker process.

Did you disable or remove Sophos?

Disabling did not work but as soon as I uninstalled it Hyper-V worked as expected.

Friday, November 3, 2017 6:47 PM
  • Submitted a support ticket with Sophos.

They responded with a basic list of exclusions to add...that didn't work...

Friday, November 3, 2017 6:48 PM
  • Disabling did not work but as soon as I uninstalled it Hyper-V worked as expected.

Maybe you will have to uninstall Hyper-V too?  FWIW I am wavering about uninstalling both the latest cumulative update and Hyper-V because of performance issues.  At one point in the previews I made it a rule to uninstall Hyper-V before getting the next CU, simply because performance was often atrocious otherwise.  Lately it has been a coin toss between having to do that or not but it looks like the last update could be one where I would have been further ahead to have kept to my former rule.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Friday, November 3, 2017 9:04 PM
  • OK. I can also confirm that only remove -not disable(!)- Sophos resolve this problem. However, without anti-Virus you have another problem ;-). We will send a ticket to Sophos, too!
    Monday, November 6, 2017 3:12 PM
  • Also can confirm that removing Sophos does correct the problem. If Sophos is installed - even with all services disabled - it still doesn't work. Uninstall Sophos and all is well again. 

Will also put in a ticket with Sophos.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017 6:00 PM
  • I also had to revert back to 1703, none of my hyper-v machines would run. I even tried running them on another windows 10 system that updated to 1709 and they failed there as well. I rely on these machines to release updates to our software...not a happy camper. I also had issues with nVidia driver when I reverted. Fortunately, fixed these after several hours of work
    Tuesday, November 7, 2017 10:07 PM

• My issue was resolved today after updating the BIOS. At the time, I had the Hyper-V feature turned on and virtualization turned off in BIOS. After the BIOS update, I enabled virtualization in BIOS, rebooted, and crossed my fingers. Unlike previous attempts to reboot with virtualization turned on, the computer started normally. I was finally able to start a virtual machine today for the first time since late October.
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 10:02 PM
  • Patch tuesday on 11/14/17 fixed this issue right away for me
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 5:01 PM
  • I also had issues with Hyper-V after upgrading to 1709.  The virtual switch I had set up for my VM was now gone and the default switch didn't work meaning my VM had no network access.  I couldn't create any virtual switches and was stuck until I tried running this from an admin command prompt:

netcfg -d

It's supposed to "perform a cleanup on all networking devices".  I don't know what that means, but after I ran it and rebooted, my Hyper-V VM was now working with the default switch.  I haven't tried creating a virtual switch because I don't want to break anything while it's working.  I can't afford any more downtime.

• Proposed as answer by Misuleinen Wednesday, November 22, 2017 1:29 PM
    Friday, November 17, 2017 2:17 PM
  • I just created a new virtual switch and assigned my VM to the new switch and the networking came back on! I was about to revert to 1703, but hadn't seen someone try this.
    • Proposed as answer by John Rivers Friday, November 17, 2017 6:29 PM
    Friday, November 17, 2017 6:29 PM
  • Worked for me !! Thank you very much.
    Monday, November 20, 2017 8:03 PM
  • How do I do this if it will not boot to Windows login screen?

Will it run on safe mode?

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 3:32 AM
  • My computer simply keep rebooting after updating to 1709 with Hyper V activated

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 3:34 AM
  • Same for me.  You have uninstall Sophos and re-install.
    Wednesday, December 6, 2017 9:24 PM
  • I don't have Sophos installed.  I use McAfee so I tried to uninstalled but this made no difference.

My Hyper-V service won't start and removing McAfee made no difference.

Sorry, but I'm now in here with the "me too" crowd

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 6:23 PM
  • wavering about uninstalling both the latest cumulative update and Hyper-V because of performance issues. 

I just realized that I had a clean install of the latest CU so I used OptionalFeatures.exe to check.  Sure enough, no Hyper-V, so evidently I finally got fed up with poor performance and uninstalled both the problem CU and the Hyper-V component and apparently never bothered to reinstall it.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, December 14, 2017 3:31 AM
  • This is a security issue.

See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4052082/hyper-v-cannot-start-vm-after-you-upgrade-to-windows-10-version-1709

I ran Sysinternals procmon, used a filter and found out Avecto was causing an issue. I renamed the offending registry key as a test, and Hyper-V VMs started working again.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Avecto\Privilege Guard Client\HookLoadDll

I might be able to use the exceptions key, more investigation required.

• Edited by Obiwantoby Tuesday, January 9, 2018 10:23 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Hamels Monday, January 29, 2018 10:01 AM
    Tuesday, January 9, 2018 10:22 PM
  • If you do have Sophos, this is related to HitMan Pro. Please see this article: https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/127797

You can resolve it temporarily by removing Sophos Intercept-X

You will have to contact Sophos for the fix.

• Proposed as answer by vhusker Thursday, January 11, 2018 7:16 PM
    Thursday, January 11, 2018 5:10 PM
  • Registry key for Avecto fixed my issue, now i need to put exception on this. Thanks Obiwantoby...

orion

Wednesday, January 17, 2018 5:23 AM
  • The same here!! Exactly the same situation.
    Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:15 PM
  • Thanks Obiwantoby, you made my day. I had the same issue after upgrading to version 1709. This did the trick for me after rebooting my machine. Kudos to you.
    Monday, January 29, 2018 10:01 AM
  • I also had issues with Hyper-V after upgrading to 1709.  The virtual switch I had set up for my VM was now gone and the default switch didn't work meaning my VM had no network access.  I couldn't create any virtual switches and was stuck until I tried running this from an admin command prompt:

netcfg -d

It's supposed to "perform a cleanup on all networking devices".  I don't know what that means, but after I ran it and rebooted, my Hyper-V VM was now working with the default switch.  I haven't tried creating a virtual switch because I don't want to break anything while it's working.  I can't afford any more downtime.

That is interesting. I just did a netcfg -d (to fix a different problem) and the default switch was not re-created. It did not bother me because I never use it but it was unexpected!

Bill

Monday, January 29, 2018 11:10 PM
  • I have the same issue, but no Sophos installed.
    We are using Microsoft Endpoint Protection.

In the Firewall, WMI is completly enabled, an Avecto key is not available.

Has anybody an other idea?

Thanks
    Marius

Thursday, February 22, 2018 8:34 AM
  • Hi,

For us it was Checkpoint VPN that caused the issue...

Checkpoint has caused quite a few issues for us on 1709 and is now my goto "uninstall and try again" application.

Uninstall

Activate Hyper-V

Reinstall

Fixed.

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 10:21 AM
  • Just fixed Hyper-V on 1709 by enabling "Control flow Guard (CFG)" in Windows Defender Security Center -> App and Browser Control -> Exploit protection settings -> Control flow Guard (CFG) -> On by default.

Monday, March 19, 2018 1:46 PM
  • Draftor!

I never ever reply to these things, this was the solution for me thank you so much. I forgot I enabled (rather disabled) these when trying to get a program to run that I knew was SAFE, yet defender was blocking me from running it.

Thank you!

• Edited by Mike Kay Sunday, April 8, 2018 8:35 PM
    Sunday, April 8, 2018 8:35 PM
  • Hi,

I had also same issue with Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro on my machine and after changing some security as above issue got solved for my case.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks,

Anil Maharjan

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 6:57 AM
  • Running 1709 on an MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon (MS-7A32) - Bios 1.E0 - Ryzen 5 1600 -16GB - Hyper-V enabled in BIOS.  Nvidia 1070 and 1050. 

AMD-VwithRVI_Hyper-V_CompatibilityUtility reports system compatible.

If I enable Hyper-V through Control Panel, on reboot Windows becomes wildly unstable, continually restarting Explorer, relogging in and out of control.   

Luckily I keep current 3rd party images so I just reimaged C:(System) and D:(Data).

Tried it twice, same result.

Something very wrong with Hyper-V.

Any suggestions?

Capecutterman

Sunday, July 1, 2018 3:37 PM
  • Something very wrong with Hyper-V.

Any suggestions?

Try eliminating the Virtual switch?

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

• Proposed as answer by Jyance Thursday, August 2, 2018 4:30 PM
    Sunday, July 1, 2018 8:32 PM
  • Hi 

i found when  the service  HV Host Service is running the Hyper V work good

but when it doesnt running the error ocurred

Also When Shutdown the computer and Turn computer on again doesnt work

then  the solution is :

you have to RESTART the computer and  the service will be RUNNING, no Shutdown

Probably is a Bug

Thursday, August 2, 2018 4:35 PM
  • I had the same issue. It was resolved after downloading Windows update 1809.
    Tuesday, April 2, 2019 8:34 PM