Definition Update for Windows Defender Issues RRS feed

• Question

• I need help with a Windows Defender Update KB2267602 (1.249.764.0)

Whilst trying to update through Windows Defender, Window's is telling me that it is having a problem connecting to update definitions.  Problem is, I've configured the Windows Update exemptions in the proxy settings and have pinged out successfully to these addresses. 

*.download.windowsupdate.com
    *.au.windowsupdate.com
    *.tlu.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com

In addition to running the gamut of Windows Updates fixes posted around TechNet (There were 3 other updates stuck I believe because of Windows Defender), I have had to install various Windows Updates manually through the catalog in hopes that this would unclog what ever was stuck in updates. 

Microsoft doesn't offer definition downloads via the catalog unfortunately.   The only error I have to go by right now is error 80200056 Failure to download in the ReportingEvents text from the Software Distribution folder.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Monday, August 7, 2017 10:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Sir,

Please check this article that mentioned similar error :

http://www.joshwieder.net/2015/03/windows-81-troubleshooting-error.html

I'm afraid this is still a connection issue .

Have you tried to connect that computer to internet without proxy ?

Also , I found the following article mentioned network connection for windows defender :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/threat-protection/windows-defender-antivirus/configure-network-connections-windows-defender-antivirus

Hope it is helpful to you .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Friday, September 15, 2017 8:24 AM
    Thursday, August 10, 2017 9:39 AM