none
Message all users in an RD Session or VDI collection RRS feed

• Question

• I want to be able to send every user in a VDI collection a message, such as an emergency rebuild notification. I can send the messages one at a time but once we roll out fully, this would take quite a while to message 100 or more users. Is there a way to send every user in a collection a message using a PowerShell script?
    Friday, August 15, 2014 12:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• This is not a forum for messaging utilities. You can use the utilities to broadcast to groups od users. Post in the forum for you platform for instructions.

msg * /SERVER:omega hello

MSG /?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friday, August 15, 2014 3:47 PM
  • There is a messaging utility built specifically for VDI collections but it only does one at a time, an example:

PS C:\>Send-RDUserMessage -HostServer "name.com" -UnifiedSessionID (number) -MessageTitle "Message from System Administrator" -MessageBody "message here"

What I want to know is how to build a PS script that will search a VDI Collection, gather all the SessionID's, and then send the message to each of them. I'm not very familiar with PS scripting, other than the occasional simple thing, this is out of my league.

Friday, August 15, 2014 5:27 PM
  • See: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj215456.aspx

You would still do better posting in the forum for the RDS subsystem.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friday, August 15, 2014 5:54 PM
  • Will do. Thanks.
    • Marked as answer by bria5544 Friday, August 15, 2014 6:18 PM
    Friday, August 15, 2014 6:18 PM